Online Reguator Service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hey guys, I have three regulators to get serviced, one Mares and two Aqualung. Local shops in Destin charge $15 bucks for a Nitrox fill :facepalm:, I don't even want to know what a regulator service would cost. Looking for recommendations to mail these regulators out somewhere to get their annual rebuild. Thanks.

ScubaToys?

Why not? Why not ask?
And do you really think that you would save much more than the added round trip shipping you will pay?

I would heartily recommend ScubaToys, out of Texas; insipid name, but those folks know what they're doing . . .

Well the accurate news is that regs do NOT compulsorily require yearly servicing
certainly if having been stored, and may well be returned to you in a poorer state.

Make yourself known to a knowledgeable local dive shop owner, and join their club
then take them your life support equipment for quick safety checks-tests as advised

after having been diving with them and become friends
resist expecting your gear on account for free or cheaper

here's some 13 dollar Destin nitrox

Well the accurate news is that regs do NOT compulsorily require yearly servicing
certainly if having been stored, and may well be returned to you in a poorer state.

Sadly, most divers are dilettantes, who give little to no thought, about rinsing and the proper storage of equipment; and I have seen a ridiculous amount of negligent damage done to regulators, which only see a week of annual use in Belize or Club Med . . .

In many areas $15.00 for Nitrox is not really out of line. Why don't you get a price from your shop you might be pleasantly surprised.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom