Hello from Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TripleA

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello I am a new member to this site though I have been lurking around for a few months. I am from Weeki Wachee Fl. I am an avid fisherman and always had a interest in diving but have not pursued it until recently. I happened to have a leaking roof at work and the now great friend that came to fix the roof and I got to talking about fishing and looking at data from offshore surveys. He happened to be an avid diver and offered to take me out and let me try diving out. We exchanged numbers and a few weeks later he gave me a call and we setup a nice easy dive and I have been hooked from there. At first I thought I would be all about spearfishing and it was going to be my new passion right along with rod and reel fishing. Turns out that is not the case. I still have an interest in spearfishing but it is not my main focus. It turns out the gentleman that introduced me to the sport and most of his friends are big into cave diving. At first I thought no way that is not for me but my mind has been changed and my goal in the next couple years will be Full Cave Certification. I did not really realize how much great diving is within a 2 hour drive and many sites as close as 10 minutes from my house. The sport has really made a change in my life. It has made me much more conscious about my health, has me exercising and stretching on a daily basis and I am all around feeling much better about my life. My wife will be finishing up her open water course this weekend and is already talking about AOW and photography courses. My almost 11 year old daughter is ready to go as well and wants to spend a week at a scuba camp this summer. Anyways it is nice reading and learning from this site and hopefully one day I will be able to meet some of the members and hit the water with you.

Welcome sine you live right in in tampa area,go to Florida diving ,on the community site,an check out mega dive its the end of March at Ginnie springs

Welcome to ScubaBoard. A great place to be during surface intervals. Good to have you onboard.

Welcome, i'm right next door to you in Spring Hill

howdy and welcome from your southeast florida neighbor.......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom