Mares: Icon HD - How to delete dives from Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fwiw - sold it due to frustration and sub par customer service. I had called them on Thursday and left message with the guy that answered the phone. Never heard back.

Went big and ordered a Shearwater Teric.

Don't think I'll need an upgrade any time soon, if ever and if I ever want to delete my dive log I can. Lol. I can even recover them once deleted.

I deleted my dive logs by accident! Can I get them back? - Shearwater Research

Maybe so, but can you offer any better explanation as to why just all about all manufacturers don't allow erasing dives? Do you think it's just to piss people off?
I would like to know if anyone is aware of a brand/model that does allow a user to delete specific dives from history. I know some will delete history during a factory reset, or even a firmware upgrade. And I know some that are designed for rental and can have the current calculations reset to allow for rental to a second customer without waiting 24 hours. But I don’t remember coming across anything with a user dive delete feature.
I suppose if you can set the log sampling rate, you might be able to clear history faster by setting to the maximum frequency.

I know that you can't erase the logged dives in the computer...you can tell Divers Diary/Subsurface/whatever program you actually use to log dives to not upload them when you transfer.
I know you can zero out all the info and stats like # of dives and deepest etc... but the actual dive logs stay in the computer.

Enjoy the Teric!

Maybe so, but can you offer any better explanation as to why just all about all manufacturers don't allow erasing dives? Do you think it's just to piss people off?

As a long time computer software programmer (40+ years), I would put it up to difficulty. It's much easier to set a limit on stored information by length of list and then overwrite when the limit is reached reached than to allow removal of information randomly from anywhere in the list and then have to re-shuffle and re-number.

I know that you can't erase the logged dives in the computer...you can tell Divers Diary/Subsurface/whatever program you actually use to log dives to not upload them when you transfer.
I know you can zero out all the info and stats like # of dives and deepest etc... but the actual dive logs stay in the computer.

Enjoy the Teric!

On one hand, please don't be mad! You gave me a great deal and I flipped the damn thing a few days later. On the other hand, it's partly your fault. LOL. I got home and looked at the Teric (honestly hadn't even seen it before I heard you mention it) and then went and looked at one in person and was blown away by the build quality and all the reviews online.

On one hand, please don't be mad! You gave me a great deal and I flipped the damn thing a few days later. On the other hand, it's partly your fault. LOL. I got home and looked at the Teric (honestly hadn't even seen it before I heard you mention it) and then went and looked at one in person and was blown away by the build quality and all the reviews online.

Lol--no worries mate.
I got what I needed from it, I love my new computer...hopefully it went to someone who will dive the hell out of it!
On the other hand, many of those were excellent dives that you should have been proud to have on your wrist!:wink:

I'm still using an Icon HD that I got a great deal on some years ago. Apart from the occasional hiccup, I haven't had much trouble with Divers Diary (the German developer is pretty good with support), but I've been trying to make the computer talk to Subsurface for exactly the reasons alluded to above.

Easy to use and large, brilliant colour display. It's a great recreational diving computer, although it has its imperfections. I'm just coming to the end with it because I want to go tech, and it can't deal with trimix.

The Teric is a sweet, intriguing, way cool piece of shinyshiny. Only reason I'd stay away is because most of my diving is in cold water and I wouldn't want to have to fumble around looking for those tiny buttons in thick gloves. I'm asking Santa for a Perdix.

Mine is currently back with Mares tech shop in Florida. Too many issues with the unit. Hopefully they can repair then I’m selling it.

I just replaced it with a ScubaPro G2 w/ transmitter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom