Review of Deep 6 Drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mine is holding up well, but it is not a good data point as it is also getting too little use. So far I only used it if in below 45 deg. water and that wasn‘t that often yet. I do like it considerably more than my Neotek wetsuit in cold water, as I do get cold in the Neotek in the low 50s if immersed long enough. But even so, I found I still default to the Neotek whenever I can. The probably dumb reason is that I have not come to mental peace yet with all involved to hook myself up to that P-valve. Resolving to remove that mental block this year...

Mine is holding up well, but it is not a good data point as it is also getting too little use. So far I only used it if in below 45 deg. water and that wasn‘t that often yet. I do like it considerably more than my Neotek wetsuit in cold water, as I do get cold in the Neotek in the low 50s if immersed long enough. But even so, I found I still default to the Neotek whenever I can. The probably dumb reason is that I have not come to mental peace yet with all involved to hook myself up to that P-valve. Resolving to remove that mental block this year...

:rofl3:

Just tell yourself you’ve got it easier than the women. The She-P is considerably more involved and a LOT more glue! And more landscaping, for that matter! :D

Just tell yourself you’ve got it easier than the women. The She-P is considerably more involved and a LOT more glue! And more landscaping, for that matter! :D@ Marie13.
I can't imagine what you women go thru concerning this! My utmost condolences.

My suit is going very well. I would suggest that you speak to Chris to order the suit without Kevlar upgrades that Deep6 has added to it. There was additional Kevlar protection on Deep6 suit that started to come off so Chris sent me a suit without it and now it is bullet proof! Best suit out there. With Deep6 you know their customer service is top notch!

My suit is going very well. I would suggest that you speak to Chris to order the suit without Kevlar upgrades that Deep6 has added to it. There was additional Kevlar protection on Deep6 suit that started to come off so Chris sent me a suit without it and now it is bullet proof! Best suit out there. With Deep6 you know their customer service is top notch!

.Thank you! Sounds good and im glad youre still liking it.

The She-P is considerably more involved and a LOT more glue!
You are braver than I ...

20190225_173903.jpg
I got mine today! It fits like a glove once it's on, but getting it over my head is kind of a chore. I can't wait to dive it and see what a suit that fits feels like!

I would be interested in what options they have with the neck and wrist seals. They are my worst nightmare.

I would be interested in what options they have with the neck and wrist seals. They are my worst nightmare.

Their website lists mostly Si-Tech stuff.

I have only used DUI suits in class...so from researching I think I'm going to end up with Sitech neck and the Glove lock system.

Anyone running the glove lock? My hands are huge so I cant use the antares system.

Anyone running the glove lock? My hands are huge so I cant use the antares system.

I have the Glovelock QCP on top of the Quick Cuff modular system with silicone seals. Compared to glued in seals, I think the Quick Cuff is harder to don/doff. I think that’s the trade-off. But I do like the silicone seals better than latex and over time I think the ability to replace a blown seal in the field will be useful.

As far as the gloves, I have found the Glovelock to be quite good. They are a reasonable effort to don/doff and have worked as advertised for me so far.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom