Review of Deep 6 Drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Their website lists mostly Si-Tech stuff.

I have only used DUI suits in class...so from researching I think I'm going to end up with Sitech neck and the Glove lock system.

Anyone running the glove lock? My hands are huge so I cant use the antares system.

One of the reasons I really like my Kubi dry glove rings are that they are available in different sizes, so you can get ones that fit "just right". In gloves, I wear L or XL, depending on the glove. I use the Kubi 80mm rings. They have 90mm and 100mm rings. I bet you would fit in one of those.

And one of the reasons I ordered my Seaskin drysuit is because they offer the Kubi rings as one of their options. They also have all the Si Tech stuff. I got the Si Tech Quick Neck system for my neck seal setup. And you can't really beat USD$1100 for a high quality, tough, made to measure trilam suit with Kubi rings, Quick Neck, pee valve, good pockets, Kevlar knee pads, etc... (I got almost every option they offer)

One of the reasons I really like my Kubi dry glove rings are that they are available in different sizes, so you can get ones that fit "just right". In gloves, I wear L or XL, depending on the glove. I use the Kubi 80mm rings. They have 90mm and 100mm rings. I bet you would fit in one of those.

And one of the reasons I ordered my Seaskin drysuit is because they offer the Kubi rings as one of their options. They also have all the Si Tech stuff. I got the Si Tech Quick Neck system for my neck seal setup. And you can't really beat USD$1100 for a high quality, tough, made to measure trilam suit with Kubi rings, Quick Neck, pee valve, good pockets, Kevlar knee pads, etc... (I got almost every option they offer)

Nice, I will look into the Kubi. I usually wear XXLs so it would be nice that I can get 100 mm rings.
The seaskin looks pretty nice. Im moving over to Sidemount so I think its pretty cool that the D6 has cargo pockets put slightly forward. But this will be on my list to compare now. Thanks!

I have the Glovelock QCP on top of the Quick Cuff modular system with silicone seals. Compared to glued in seals, I think the Quick Cuff is harder to don/doff. I think that’s the trade-off. But I do like the silicone seals better than latex and over time I think the ability to replace a blown seal in the field will be useful.

As far as the gloves, I have found the Glovelock to be quite good. They are a reasonable effort to don/doff and have worked as advertised for me so far.
I also use quick cuffs, but no glovelock since I dive bare handed. The cuffs seem a bit unwieldy - not too terrible. That said, when it's time to replace a wrist seal, I love them long time. I wouldn't want a drysuit without them.

Nice, I will look into the Kubi. I usually wear XXLs so it would be nice that I can get 100 mm rings.
The seaskin looks pretty nice. Im moving over to Sidemount so I think its pretty cool that the D6 has cargo pockets put slightly forward. But this will be on my list to compare now. Thanks!

Seaskin offers a choice of pocket placement. You can get them to accommodate sidemount.

But the 100mm may not fit the suit sleeve. Double check first.

If the suit is being made to measure that should be a non-issue. Besides, if he needs a 100mm ring to fit his hand through then the sleeve better be at least 100mm....

If the suit is being made to measure that should be a non-issue. Besides, if he needs a 100mm ring to fit his hand through then the sleeve better be at least 100mm....

The advice I am suggesting is what I was told by the Kubi guy at the dive show I attended this past weekend in Coventry. I am not certain if it is an issue or not with made to measure suits but it appears that most mfg. of drysuits don't have it or use it as I found out at the show also. Key thing is to double check with the suit mfg. first.

The advice I am suggesting is what I was told by the Kubi guy at the dive show I attended this past weekend in Coventry. I am not certain if it is an issue or not with made to measure suits but it appears that most mfg. of drysuits don't have it or use it as I found out at the show also. Key thing is to double check with the suit mfg. first.

I understand and I think it could be an issue with fitting the rings to an already-made suit. But, even if the sleeve is smaller than the ring, they can still be fit.

2 years ago (?? wow!) I sent my Waterproof D9X to @Dive Right In Scuba to have the pemanent Kubi rings fitted. The rings were a little bigger than the end of the suit sleeve. DRiS made a short, conical "sleeve" of neoprene. At one end, it fit the end of drysuit sleeve. At the other end, it fit the ring. Works perfectly. Looks vey professional. But, like I said, it shouldn't even be an issue for a suit that is being made-to-measure with the rings fitted from the beginning.

D9X-Kubi.jpg

I got the new drysuit last night so I haven't had a chance to dive it yet. I tried it on for fit with my thickest undergarments. Attached are pictures of me in it with fourth element's X-Core vest and Halo3D. For add ons I have a p-valve, socks instead of boots, and quick change neck and wrist seals. The suit came in a nice duffle like bag with a drysuit hose, ursuit beanie, hood, powder and lube. My wife ordered a suit as well with similiar add ons but I don't have picture of her in the suit.
Some initial impressions -
I like how fitted it is in terms of it being tighter on me. However I wish it was a little shorter on my arms and legs. We measured about 5 times to make sure we had the right measurements. In the future I may look to have the arms at least shortened. This is my 3rd drysuit (Pinnacle Evolution 2 and Scubapro Exodry). I have stubby T Rex arms, and its always a bit of a thing for me and one of the reasons I wanted to go custom. My wife's suit's legs are pretty baggy but I suspect thats due to how large the pockets are and how short she is - 5'3" maybe 5'4" on a good day. Maybe they couldn't cut more and still put the pockets on. She is used to neoprene drysuits so I suspect there will be a bit of a learning curve with foot float as a result. I have large pockets mounted on the front of the scubapro and prefer that orientation - I'm glad its similiar on the deep6 suit. The material is nice and seems durable. Stitching looks good. One thing that posed a problem for both of us was with the zipper. As you can see in my side profile picture the zipper goes almost behind the shoulder. Both of us struggled to don and doff it by ourselves and with heavy undergarments on I think it'll be a 2 man job. I suspect this is due to the tighter fit of the suit requiring more space to 'open' and get out of it. Overall my initial impressions are positive and I'm looking forward to getting the suit in the water to see how different it is from my other suits.
drysuit 1.jpg
drysuit 2.jpg
drysuit 3.jpg

.,,. However I wish it was a little shorter on my arms .... I have stubby T Rex arms, and its always a bit of a thing for me and one of the reasons I wanted to go custom.
I have the same problem. When I switch to a Kubi system from my zip gloves on my DUI dry suit, I am thinking I’ll need to have the sleeves shortened.

I will get a deep 6 dry suit when I need to replace my current one. Though I will probably have them take measurements at DEMA. Having short arms is problematic.

Back
Top Bottom