Perdix with NATO strap?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Perdix is best worn with 2 independent loops of the surgical tubing that came with it. Get it sized right for your wrist+wetsuit and then make 3 very tight knots through the holes at the edges for each of the 4 end points and stuff the ends through the long slits the strap would go through. Goes on and off very easily but sits securely, no clips or clasps or buckles, nothing sticking out anywhere.

"The Perdix is best worn with 2 independent loops of the surgical tubing that came with it. Get it sized right for your wrist+wetsuit and then make 3 very tight knots through the holes at the edges for each of the 4 end points and stuff the ends through the long slits the strap would go through. Goes on and off very easily but sits securely, no clips or clasps or buckles, nothing sticking out anywhere."

That is the way I have it set up now and I agree it works well. My only problem with this set up is changing the size. When going from wetsuit to bare arm I would like to be able to easily adjust a bit and I don't find retying the knots each time " easily adjusted ".

If this has been discussed I did not find it with a quick search. Has anyone tried NATO style watch straps with the Perdix?
I was not a fan of the standard ways of wearing the Perdix so I invested in some Nato straps a couple of years ago. This is what I ordered and have been very pleased with them.
Zulu strap 3-ring Black

I was having the same problem as you with adjusting sizing and these have worked like a charm. Even easy to change at depth if needed.

I was not a fan of the standard ways of wearing the Perdix so I invested in some Nato straps a couple of years ago. This is what I ordered and have been very pleased with them.
Zulu strap 3-ring Black

I was having the same problem as you with adjusting sizing and these have worked like a charm. Even easy to change at depth if needed.

It seems to me the strap you show is not a NATO strap, but a standard one piece watch strap made to mimic the look of a NATO strap. I wonder if the NATO strap is dimensioned to handle the wide spacing of the Perdix "lugs".

I have always called these Zulu straps but I have heard those terms used interchangeably (which I don't think is correct). Whatever the case, this is what I use and it works great for me

Zulu strap 3-ring Black

Hopefully exactly what I was looking for. I will order a pair and give them a try. Thanks

fyi - for anyone else thinking about this, I measured the OEM Shearwater strap and it is 20mm wide.

Good deal. Let me know how they work for you.

I’ve used true nato straps on my Perdix, they fit perfectly. I prefer them for warm water diving on my bare arm, but switch back to bungee straps for dry or wetsuit diving.

What I did was take two lengths of bungee, knotted them on one end, looped them across the other end, out the gaps where the straps would be, and added an all plastic cord stopper (so no rusting) and knotted both ends together. Slides on easily, tightens to my liking, secure with two independent loops.

Plastic Rope Clamp Cord Lock Stopper Slider Shoes Lace Buckle Paracord wholesale | eBay

photo5460979075402279342.jpg
photo5460979075402279343.jpg

I too have done similar to this ^

I, however use a continuous cord with "stopper" knots tied at the anchor points. Great for going from bare arm -> wet suit -> dry suit, and, with enough cord, much easier going over glove rings.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom