basic question but dunno

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My preferred one is the Dive Rite deluxe hose retainer. It’s the wide elasticized fabric band. It also has the tab to help when you’re wearing gloves.

I have used a number of commercial options, and they were all decent, but I always come back to using tire inner tube. To make it user friendly in cold water with dry gloves, when you cut it, leave a "tail" that can be easily grabbed. Wider (3" to 4") will really hold a regular hose tight to a cylinder. Narrow bands of inner tube (1") can lash a regular or SPG to the valve or bolt snap. Plus the narrow bands can be used as loops to aid in tying off lines, etc. Useful trick I learned from a sump diver that carried 3 or four on his forearm. He called them "snoopy loops".

I bought these on amazon and they work great.

Attachments

• FF672BA6-D3BD-4163-8C52-650500DD698E.png
    FF672BA6-D3BD-4163-8C52-650500DD698E.png
    124.1 KB · Views: 106
You will be in cave country, all the stores will have rubber bands that are purpose made for this.

PS. They are also cheap..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom