California Muck Diving video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The water is a little cooler than Komodo or Raja Ampat. Typical range would be low 50's to low 60's Fahrenheit

Brrr. What did you wear then?

It's colder than Channel Island in September. 60F is the low end limit for me with 7mm full wetsuit + 2mm hood & gloves. I may need to layer up with 2mm shorty over the 7mm full wetsuit for high 50's F.

Brrr. What did you wear then?

It's colder than Channel Island in September. 60F is the low end limit for me with 7mm full wetsuit + 2mm hood & gloves. I may need to layer up with 2mm shorty over the 7mm full wetsuit for high 50's F.
I usually wear a 7mm one piece w/ built in hood plus a 7mm vest underneath. 5mm gloves and booties. The dive feels warmer if there are lots of critters out :)

Reactions: Dan
Wow what a great video to stumble across, very well done!

It's amazing what creatures we don't even know exist, until we dive or see videos like this.

Your video proves that it is a crustacean-eat-crustacean ocean.

Seriously though, that is some amazing footage. I can’t believe that you captured all that with a GoPro. I never had much success with the macromate mini but, you Sir, are a macromate master! I also loved the tasty range of colourful nudis. Great work!

Very Cool Vid!

And folks say UW So. Cal. is all drab and colorless. We know better!

M

Awesome video. How did you get those smooth zooming shots? Or the smooth tracking shots?
Sorry for the delayed reply, but I haven't been on the site in a while and just noticed your question. The very smooth pans and zooms in my editing software - Sony Vegas. There were also some more shaky scenes where I manually moved the camera with a subject.

Cracking video, of some really interesting creatures and behaviours. Show this and how can people not want to dive!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom