Dive computer recommendation

Which shearwood will be our second dive computer

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have been using a Perdix for about two years and I definitely recommend it.
Here are some reasons:
1 - Durable as a tank (If you want you can also get rubber casing for better protection. Please see image below).
2 - Big Screen.
3 - Standard AA battery (no need to worry about a charging point. Just carry a spare AA battery).
4 - If one day you or your husband would like to start a tech course the big screen will definitely help.
5 - Price wise as you said, Perdix AI is a better deal.
73628-2_SHEARWATER_PERDIX_SILICONE_COVER_BLUE.jpg
urse the big screen will

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    195.4 KB · Views: 48
So I own a Perdix AI and Mrs Flush has the Teric.

I will parrot a number of the comments before me that Shearwater is an absolutely awesome company so you are not going to be disappointed with either one.

I bought my Perdix about a year before the Teric came out so I did not have the option of choice between the two. That being said I love the Teric that I purchased for Mrs Flush the times I have gotten to dive with it. She had it on a liveaboard last year for a week and she recharged it once. (I'm not sure it even had to be recharged then but it had hit less than 50% charge and it made her feel better to do so).

I will not get rid of my Perdix until it ceases to work (which I anticipate to be a long time) but if it died tomorrow I would purchase another Teric. It just fits how I dive and travel. Being able to slap it on before heading out of town for a dive trip and not have to carry another watch. (Yes I am one of those people that still wear a watch)

Hey Mike, check this link: Silicone Protective Cover for Perdix Computers
They have them in the US and can be shipped worldwide. Not sure about the shipping cost.
Thanks mate. Yeah I've found them in the US and the UK but I guess I don't want one bad enough to pay for freight lol
If someone here gets them here I'll get one.

Edit: DRIS want $66 for freight haha no thanks!

I own a Perdix AI and some other computers, which have a rechargable battery or one which must be replaced in a workshop. After dealing with all of them I must say, a user replaceble battery is a considerable advantage. Thus Perdix AI would be my choice from the two. Apart from Shearwater, I appreciate also Ratio computers for their sidemount mode and dealing with up to 10 gas mixes. A Divesoft Freedom is also a brand which competes very well with Shearwater.

With the risk of not understanding fully what you mean with a "user replaceable battery"...
I have a Suunto vyper, it's not a computer that you can just toss an AA battery in and go diving.
It takes a CR2450 battery, and you could honestly train a monkey to swap it in less than five minutes.
Most people I've come across call me crazy for changing the battery in my dive computer myself without any training, but the fact is there's no training needed.
My LDS charges the equivalent of 30usd/eur for changing the battery, but I can get the battery and a new o-ring for less than one tenth of that and it is dead easy.
Maybe not 100% relevant to the OP, but I felt like getting it off my chest...

Thanks mate. Yeah I've found them in the US and the UK but I guess I don't want one bad enough to pay for freight lol
If someone here gets them here I'll get one.

Edit: DRIS want $66 for freight haha no thanks!

$55,00 for the case alone is a ridiculous price already. We are talking about silicone after all..........

I just found a place in the UK that only charge £3 for freight, £43 total. Very tempting!

Funny how the freight cost is $66 from the US and only few dollars from the UK.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom