Aqualung i300 showing wrong depth. Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That’s a good price if you need the whole console. I just need the i300 module I have the setup you listed except on the bottom of the console I have an Aqualung compass. So I. Essence it was a 2 puck system but I added the compass in place of the blank. Hopefully aqualung will do right by me.

Glenn

Toasted depth sensor. It happens. It’s out of warranty so it doesn’t surprise me that they won’t replace it.

Unfortunately age and use is not necessarily a factor. Was it in warranty when you had the first issue? If so, i’d be more upset with the shop since their delay caused you to eclipse the warranty period.

Here is what occurred. I called aqualung directly last year when it was still in warranty and they would not let me send it in to them. (My ignorance since I was not aware that you have to send it to the vendor you buy it from, then they send it in). So I was a little perturbed as most companies will take their product and adhere to the warranty. Anyway since aqualung would not take it, I asked my dive shop for assistance ( did not buy from them). They dove it and said it was ok. Fast forward to the 2nd of February and the problem was still there. So now I sent it in to the vendor I bought it from and here we are. The support team at divers supply told me the options and I was not pleased with the price. Especially for a refurbed one with no telling how many previous dives. So I countered with I want an i300c. They will be reaching out to aqualung to see what their response is. I don’t mind paying a little for the upgrade but I don’t want to have to spend a lot for the upgrade when they are available for great value on eBay among other sites. We will see.

Glenn

Just got a call from Divers Supply. Aqualung has informed them my i300 is not repairable. They offered to sell me a refurbished i300 for higher than I can buy one new on eBay etc. I have asked them to get me a price on an i300c and what the price would be. Pretty upset over this as the computer was like new. I will update as soon as I hear back from them. I have also sent a message to aqualung regarding this issue. I fail to see how a product cannot be repaired. More to come.

Glenn
The ploy to sell you another for a stupidly small "preferred customer benefit" is pretty standard. It's insulting.
If you open one up you will see why dive computers cannot be repaired. They are a solid state board with a pressure sensor, coupled to an LCD or similar readout, and a battery, all stuffed in some sort of case. If it leaks > it's screwed. If it fails > it's still screwed, nothing to really repair. They can replace components but then they may as well give you a new one as the refurbishment cost probably exceeds the manufacturing cost wherever they come from (China? Doesn't everything like this come from China anymore?).

When your first problem occurred, was it still in warranty, and if not how long had it been since warranty expiration?
That narrative that problem has been ongoing for some time is usually very helpful when I go to bat for a customer.
Should also press the point about them refusing to handle a warranty issue directly for you back when it was first observed. That is NOT what is stated in the Owner's Manual. Maybe a new hire that day....

Yes when the issue first occurred it was still in warranty. I was in the Virgin islands when it occurred. As soon as I got home I called Aqualungs customer service and attempted to send it in to them for warranty and was told no. I was a little upset, as I fail to see why I can’t send aqualung my computer for repair. Then after my local dive shop dove it for me I thought it was ok. I think my dive shop did not understand my issue. At any rate why would Aqualung not let me send it to them last year? Weird.

All:
Update and resolution. Ok we have got to the end of this saga. Initially Aqualung offered me through divers supply a refurbished i300 at a reduced cost. Then after some help from Jack they came back and offered the refurbished i300 as a courtesy one time replacement for free with only a 90 day warranty. (The i300 is discontinued). I countered that I was interested in the i300c which is the latest iteration of the i300. Aqualung through divers supply offered me that computer at a reduced cost with full 2 year warranty coverage. It took patience and some emails with my original receipt and some horse trading but Aqualung came through. They got me squared away and at the end of the day they took care of their customer. I have been a long time advocate of aqualung and they didn’t let me down. Also I want to personally thank JackD342 for helping out on my behalf.

Jack didn’t have to step in and go to bat for me and I can’t thank him enough. Also Scuba board. This venue allows people to have a voice and help each other for things just like this.

So in conclusion, I will be purchasing the i300c as it has the full warranty and is the latest computer that will fit in my gauge console.

Thanks again to all involved.

Glenn Williams
Fort Worth, Texas

Received a brand new i300c today. Pretty cool as it is blue tooth capable and it pairs with my iPhone and iPad. Eliminates the need for the data cable, but I am keeping the cable just in case. Hopefully this computer will last awhile. It is now my backup. It fits in my gauge console along with my pressure gauge and whisky compass.

Glenn

Can you see if the data cable even works?
I am hearing the newer PPS Bluetooth items might be exclusively wireless.

Selling the cable will recoup some of your costs. Silly cables anyway.

Back
Top Bottom