3D printing...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How much resin is wasted per print? Can you reuse the resin? How many times before you need to completely trash whatever is left and start from a new batch?
Generally the only wasted resin is what you use if you make supports. You need to make holes so unused resin can drain back into the vat (if the item doesn't already have a path for draining). You can reuse the vat of resin until there's not enough left for whatever you want to print (basically indefinitely). My understanding is that over time you get dust/particles and other impurities in the vat and might have to dispose of the resin if you get too much pollution in there.

I haven't got the printer yet, so I'm just regurgitating what I've seen in youtube videos and product manuals.

I'm under the impression that the 1kg/1liter container of resin will last for a long time. Much in the same way that a 1kg spool of filament will last a while.

I did order some soft/rubber resin.. I'm going to try and print me some o-rings :wink:

Ok, so i ordered a small spool of TPU filament. Any design wizards want to whip up a scubapro 109 purge cover for me? I might give it a go, but am a rookie 3d designer. I tried tinkercad, but was not happy with the segmented curves.

Ok, so i ordered a small spool of TPU filament. Any design wizards want to whip up a scubapro 109 purge cover for me? I might give it a go, but am a rookie 3d designer. I tried tinkercad, but was not happy with the segmented curves.
I'll try it tonight.... I've been meaning too, but I'm no guru! I'll let you know what I come up with

Scubapro 108/109 Diaphragm cover by James1979
Modeling it in FreeCad was easy... I'll try printing but I have concerns about supports. If anyone has a dual print head and can run a separate support material, this design would probably be a great candidate.

edit to add: support worked out, but still need to iterate until the design is right... will work on it more later. I did post the FreeCad Files if anyone wants to adjust from what I have.

Very cool! I just got in my Tevo Tornado and have managed to crack the edge off of the bed. :( Trying to get a replacement and hoping I don't have to wait a month.

Very cool! I just got in my Tevo Tornado and have managed to crack the edge off of the bed. :( Trying to get a replacement and hoping I don't have to wait a month.

That's a bummer. How bad is it? If not too bad, you should be able to still print, just have to be careful not to print over that part...

Edit: also wanted to add, if its glass bed you can just go and make your own...less than $10 at the hardware store.

DSC_3172_small.jpg DSC_3178_small.jpg DSC_3180_small.jpg DSC_3176_small.jpg

First few prints from my peopoly moai. First one is a tool to turn the vat level nuts. The flat edges are measured to turn the nut on a 0.7mm pitch screw by .1mm. It makes vat leveling (the equivalent to bed leveling with FDM) much easier. The other two are obvious. Rose and a guitar pick. My son (guitar player) doesn't like the pic.. sniff. Guess you can't win them all That rose took about 6 hours to print at a medium quality (50um).

I guess I screwed up and ordered tough resin instead of soft. Not exactly good for o-rings :(. I've pretty much emptied out the petty cash account so I'll have to wait to get the soft resin for a while.

I'd almost like to get a cheap monoprice FDM to prototype before printing with SLA. This could get out of hand quickly.

Scubapro 108/109 Diaphragm cover by James1979
Modeling it in FreeCad was easy... I'll try printing but I have concerns about supports. If anyone has a dual print head and can run a separate support material, this design would probably be a great candidate.

edit to add: support worked out, but still need to iterate until the design is right... will work on it more later. I did post the FreeCad Files if anyone wants to adjust from what I have.
I'm giving this one a shot today.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom