Any equipment buying regrets ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My biggest regret is not the purchase but the TIMING of the purchase. I often wonder how different my career path and even my life might have been had I bought my first scuba lessons way earlier in life. I have no regrets as to how my life turned out but I do have to wonder what might have been had I known then what I know now.

Oh yeah, and that 7mil shorty! :rofl3:

Sorta regret the 130 cf steelie, but that's mainly because I haven't had a use for it yet.

I sorta regret the $1000 spent on a FFM that I don't really use any more because I found two masks that fit my face well. Mask was great...no leaks ever....but positive pressure....man did I suck air through that thing. Was considering a manifold for it and a gopro mount....would have been close to another $1000 spent and still no comms on the mask. Yikes.

I regret the first BC I bought. Axiom i3.

I regret the first knife I bought. Should have went full size. I laugh when I think of having to use that thing while wearing gloves.

Luckily I learned that back zipper one piece suits suck by buying a cheap semi-dry, and not a 1k dry suit. I had to run to the nearby cafe once to find someone to unzip me so I can go to the bathroom.

Good, sturdy zipper pulls are DEFINITELY not what I regret buying.

BCD before I did the OW course.
My BMI was over 30 when I bought the BCD but didn’t want to have to go through the effort of going to the doctor for a medical so lost a lot of weight before the course and now my BCD is too large.

I regret that I can't justify buying any more fins. I already have my original Tusa Xpert Zoom splits. I like those ok but you just can't back up in 'em. Bought a pair of aqualung Xshots that I really like but then couldn't help myself when the Sherwood Tritons came along! Of course, I can't back up with either of those, either but at least with practice, I have a chance!

I usually take the Aqualungs and the Sherwoods along on dive trips and switch between the two trying to decide which ones I like better. Haven't come to a decision, yet and to make matters worse, there are about half a dozen other fins out there I would love to have or at least try. Even though I don't use the splits anymore, I just can't bring myself to get rid ov them.
Some people have shoe fetishes... I think I must have a fin fetish! I probably need professional help. Or just more money and a bigger closet!! :thumb2:

Regret is too strong, but all things being equal I would have waited longer to find a pair of Worthington steel tanks in good condition instead of a new Faber set. I really, really wanted to have the whole kit, and rental availability of 13L / 100s was hit or miss, so I bought a pair from LeisurePro for $700. (It is truly a great feeling to run through my packing list and head out without stopping by a dive shop, but I could have limped along with the occasional aluminum tank for a while longer.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom