Scuba Pro M2 - Oceanic OCi - Teric

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well we had 4 Terics on board last night, very colourful, then after a couple of beers and we turned off
the lights, had a Teric moon off whereby the three that knew how to work it turned on the computers light and orbited the boat. Looked good. The daily users complained of having to put the thing
in a cradle

most folks that come exploring the oceans with us have disabled their audible alarms

even the light sabre brigade were on their best behaviour and were amazed at what they could see
when those that attempted it, escaped the crowd and permitted their eyes some night accustoment.

in levitation by the dim light of the moon in an invisible medium because you cannot see particulates

Can't beat a Shearwater

no I didn't say drinking halucinogens

Lots of great info. thanks all. I'm still amazed that I can't find one Scubapro M2 person out there. looks like a great watch.

Lots of great info. thanks all. I'm still amazed that I can't find one Scubapro M2 person out there. looks like a great watch.

I would agree that the M2 looks nice, and probably better then the OCi. I might have purchased it, if it was out before the OCi.

As many have stated, Shearwater is heads an tales above everyone else, and the reliability seems second to no one. I always remind my students, It really comes down to what's important to you and what kind of diving you are going to do.

The Tech features of my Teric are probably going to go unused, but I bought the Teric for reliability. I may take a Tech course for the sake of knowledge someday, but I only know 1 Tech diver and he is grounded (by his wife) till his kids are older. Outside of that, my students and friends are turtle watchers and lobster hunters. Most any DC would have worked for me, I tried other ones and they failed.

Scanning the web, there just doesn't seem to be a lot of information / reviews on the M2. It does have an LCD vs self illuminating display so it should go 6 months to a year in watch mode without a battery swap.
It looks like it also uses a non standard transmitter, if we consider the Pelagic Pressure Systems transmitter used by Oceanic / Shearwater to be the standard.
If you can use its "sport" functions it might be a good investment. It can be had for a little cheaper than the OCi.

Again, I have had the OCi and find it to be a very attractive and practical, low profile, low maintenance computer. I will probably continue to use it as backup / DSAT reference / SI timer to my recently purchased Buhlmann Perdix brick.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom