Infinty Bay at Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LarryR

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am planning a trip in June and have made reservations at this location. I am now looking for any and all info I can get on the area within walking distance. Didn't want to be limited to the AI offered at the resort so looking for food and watering holes.
Also, how do people get around if further than walking distance. Cabs, water taxi ?
First trip to Roatan so any info would be a great help. Thanks

Larry:
You will be in a great location. If you want to get away from the AI feel of Infinity Bay, just step on the beach and go to the left or to the right. To the right you can find pretty good food and drink along West Bay. My wife and I like Las Rocas, Bite On The Beach, Fosters and BananaRama. West End has even more restaurants and watering holes. Water Taxis only run to dark, but cabs run till late in the night. If you go to the street by BananaRama you can walk to a little convenience store close by for beverages and snacks. Have fun.

Spend at least one evening watching the sun set at Sundowners in the West End.
Sun downers.jpg

Great info. We will be looking to get out and around a bit. Didn't want to stay only at IB. Actually not doing the all inclusive thing at all. Just a place to stay that satisfied several masters.

Sundowners went through a major overhaul this past year (demolished and rebuilt). Haven't been back yet (July), but half-moon bay/ West End is just a great place to be. Water taxi there for you is probably easiest. We stay in West End and dive with Sun Divers next door to the Sundowners bar. Fantastic divers that have certified me, my wife and 4/5 of our kids.

Sundowners went through a major overhaul this past year (demolished and rebuilt).

Wow, I have the same picture taken from the same bar stool at Sundowners from 5 or 6 different trips... Hope the ratty beach bar at the end of the world vibe survives the remodel.

First trip to Roatan? The most important thing is to bring deep woods DEET and/or picaridin and apply it liberally when not diving.

Wow, I have the same picture taken from the same bar stool at Sundowners from 5 or 6 different trips... Hope the ratty beach bar at the end of the world vibe survives the remodel.
Check out Sundowners FB page where they have posted many pictures documenting the teardown and rebuild. It was amazing what was done in such a short time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom