DIR- Generic Santi Flex190?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Matan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
So my old undersuit served with honor... time for a new one.

below 18C I use BZ200 - amazing.
above 25C - wetsuit/no suit.
in between - best solution is Santi Summer, but....

they don't offer the 4 size changes/ MTM - so no size fits me.
anyone uses the flex 190? I heard it's not really for cold water and might be good for what I'm looking for.

Thank you,
Matan.

The Flex190 is a great option, but it isn't as flexible as name might suggest. If you are hard to fit, getting it custom-adjusted or custom M2M would help. It is probably the best option if you're considering a long deco in this temp range, as it's probably the best out there for passive warmth if wet.

I used to use/love the DUI 300g powerstretch fleece jumpsuits for this temp range, but they changed materials and I haven't had a chance to try to the new stuff. Not the best if totally flooded.

Other options out there: Fourth Element Arctics, come in one piece and separate top/bottoms. Kinda fleecy, easy to launder/dry, better than fleece for warmth if flooded, but not as good as thinsulate. Warning: they run small.

The Flex190 is a great option, but it isn't as flexible as name might suggest. If you are hard to fit, getting it custom-adjusted or custom M2M would help. It is probably the best option if you're considering a long deco in this temp range, as it's probably the best out there for passive warmth if wet.

do you regularly use one?
my previous undies for these temps was Otter Polar-D.
however, just like FE, Otter, Santi Summer - they don't do M2M and what can I say I'm "special" :)
also honestly other brands simply don't match to Santi's attention to small details (IMHO).

just need to know for someone diving 19C-25C using flex190 for multiple dives a day (rec) or tech1/2 dives etc. and to see if this undy holds well overtime, and if not an overkill (i.e. too hot which will also be bad). also if someone used it while a suit leaked that's good info, and how long it takes to dry it out.

for example - I had a nice hole in the back of my suit while diving the bz200 - hardly noticed until removed the suit. I was amazed (but happy since I paid a load of money on that undersuit).

Thanks,
Matan.

I use the flex190 for warmer water diving, for me that's anything above about 22degC. It's nice, it's comfortable and it works OK when damp (not as good as thinsulate).

HTH
John

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom