Suitability of Compressed Neoprene Drysuits for Technical Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have an Ri 1-100cnn which is thinner and denser the ri2-100. Sharp edges on old wrecks are not at all scary when wearing it. The buoyancy doesn’t shift, it has very little insulation, but more than a membrane. Wearing a decently undersuit you can manage for a while with it flooded. OThree can cut the suits to avoid shutdowns being an issue.

These two suits are available with either a front ot rear zip. I think the new Otter Atlantic is also available both ways, it may be a move upmarket from the Britannic.

OThree are launching a membrane suit, they had it at the Nec show in October.

Actually, the neoprene being stretchy should allow you to get a better/tighter fit without restricting movement. My wife and I each have an OThree Ri2-100 that are cut to fit nearly like wetsuits. The bag suits with stretchy material certainly help close the gap. The main advantage that neoprene suits have is the ability to get a tighter, more streamlined fit.

ETA: As noted below, crushed/compressed neoprene. Regular neoprene sucks.

I am open to that idea because neoprene even in its most condensed form is flexible than shell material. The suit that I had was a bit too baggy from around my waist and I wondered how it would feel if it was cut closer to the body. I think the only way to achieve that with O'three would be to physically go there and have them measure you. Mine was ordered filling the online form and sending videos and pictures of me in t-shirt. While the material and workmanship was great, fit was Meh!

I am open to that idea because neoprene even in its most condensed form is flexible than shell material. The suit that I had was a bit too baggy from around my waist and I wondered how it would feel if it was cut closer to the body. I think the only way to achieve that with O'three would be to physically go there and have them measure you. Mine was ordered filling the online form and sending videos and pictures of me in t-shirt. While the material and workmanship was great, fit was Meh!

My suit and my wife's suit both fit like gloves and feel like wetsuits. My suit is a front-zip, and it's almost hard to put on. We both measured and filled-in info remotely, did the Skype- and pictures-thing with them. It sucks your fit wasn't great. My wife and I have AWESOME fitting suits out of the process.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom