DX Watch Air Display

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I have a DX watch. When I dive on air, it shows the air time left in minuets on the left hand side. i noticed that it shows me say 8 minuets of air left but the bar pressure shows 50 bar. Does this show a time related to a minimum bar for safety. if so what bar is left at zero.

I am not sure with regards to DX watch, but on perdix AI, you have to program a PSI (or BAR) reserve into the watch . I keep mine at 700 for NDL (200 for safety stop and 500 for reserve). My gas time remaining will show zero when I hit 700 PSI as the watch is telling me I am on reserves and need to ascend.

TLDR: Gas time remaining does not include your pre-established reserve .

Both my Suunto computers hit Zero time at 35 bar.

Thank you both, I thought it would be something like that. Will keep an eye out to see what bar i have if i hit zero time.

Thank you both, I thought it would be something like that. Will keep an eye out to see what bar i have if i hit zero time.

You should be able to see what your watch programs the reserve for and depending on the watch, you may be able to change it. Should be outlined in the user manual.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom