Fingerless gloves for first trip to FL - yes, no, dunno?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Peacock has less flow than Dos Palmos.
Skip the gloves, you wont need them in C1 and they will only get in the way of your tieoffs/dexterity. You wont be getting cold in C1 class either. If you are you need a thicker undergarment not gloves

I like them, but not because they keep my hands warm. I use the thinnest ones I can find.

For me, it’s protection from bumps and scrapes on my knuckles and the Goodman handle on long dives.

On the topic, what are your favorite type? I have tried a couple and am looking for better options.

the scubapro or the k01 super thin ones are the best I've seen
if you really thing your hands are cold, the scubapro 5mm are also good. used them for years. but they have stitching that will unravel

I use weightlifting gloves, from Walmart or Amazon. Already fingerless, thin, and cheap but offer the benefits others have noted.

I've got a couple different pairs of Hendersons that I like. Fluffy squishy neoprene on the back is probably the biggest thing for me. Too thick and they're annoying, non-neoprene and they're not comfortable, too big and they move around and don't do the job well.

I use Mechanix M-Pact gloves. They don't really offer anything in the way of thermal protection, but they make the goodman handle significantly more comfortable on long dives, offer some basic general protection, and make a nice place to stash a cookie if I'm busy and don't want to get the pigtail out right away.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom