Search and Rescue - Scubaboard Staff Member - Northernone - Missing in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
SAR flew overhead of me about 3pm today while i was a few miles north of Cozumel. Moments ago I was contacted by SAR to notify me that they launched from Chetumal at 2pm today with an airplane utilizing the most sophisticated technology possible for locating people lost at sea. I'm told the plane can stay airborne for up to 8 hours before needing to refuel. That should be 6-7 hours of search time. Let's hope this is a successful mission.

thank you for the update and for all you are doing

airplane utilizing the most sophisticated technology possible for locating people lost at sea.
Mark 1 mod 0 eyeball is pretty damn good.

cameron.207437
Attached photo Devember, 2018 is of
446457-4416bb0475d841d48220b9b746c0d5c6.jpg

Cameron Donaldson with his mom, Bonnie. They love shore diving and this was "up north" as well. I have lived here in Cozumel for over 9 years (diving here since 1983), but this was the first day that I met and spoke with Cameron. He was showing me the scooter that they used that day. Coincidentily, I just returned two weights to him Friday night, that had been barrowed by the other lady in the photo that day. I do not know him well, but what a fine young man he seems to be. I do not pray often, but today, Yes....to the powers greater than us for his safe return.

I wish I could help other than money. Cameron is one of the "Good Guys". I'll make it a point to meet him my next trip to Cozumel. How positive is that? Keep floating, Cameron. We're coming.

I feel the same. He probably knows me as well as anyone, and that's saying something. I don't let many people know me. I feel pretty darn useless right now. I have extensive land based SAR experience, but not much water-related. Would be on a plane in a heartbeat to help if I had the resources to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom