dive stick or tickle stick or reef stick

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So you’re suggesting that you’d rather have divers waving poles around the place at fish underwater that they can use to damage the marine environment rather than a compact laser? And all of that because you think divers will point it directly in fish’ eyes? What makes you think that people won’t dig up reefs with poles?

Ridiculous!
LOL! You are right. Your post is ridiculous.

Who said anything about waving poles around or digging up the reef? Certainly not me.

Pointing the laser at fish eyes? Maybe the fish swim into the laser beam? Just how do you point out a fish to your buddy and not point the laser at the fish? Are you so sure you can get the fish to stop moving so you can keep the laser on his side and not inadvertently hit his eye?

Also, put a pointer near a fish and most will quickly move away. But the direction of the pointer shows where to look. But with a laser, you have to see the spot to know where to look.

LOL! You are right. Your post is ridiculous.

Who said anything about waving poles around or digging up the reef? Certainly not me.

Pointing the laser at fish eyes? Maybe the fish swim into the laser beam? Just how do you point out a fish to your buddy and not point the laser at the fish? Are you so sure you can get the fish to stop moving so you can keep the laser on his side and not inadvertently hit his eye?

Also, put a pointer near a fish and most will quickly move away. But the direction of the pointer shows where to look. But with a laser, you have to see the spot to know where to look.
I’m not sure about you but I’d point the laser in the fish’s general direction. Fair enough about the pointer. Pointers DO encourage harm to the physical environment, they allow people to poke things without consequence. Lasers keep the diver away.

Kevin Lee left one on my boat that is nothing more than a long screwdriver with the rod bent at 30 degrees and the tip filed off. Merry has an old pokie stick that has a loop at the end for a handle. There are also store-bought varieties available.
View attachment 508730

There are videos of people standing in one meter of water and grabbing lobsters. I see lots of lobsters in Southern California in less than two meters.

Hi, Do you know where to buy one like this? Thanks

@MaxBottomtime

I suspect that lovely stick is the very one that @Dave Kay is so desperately searching to purchase to protect his delicate Hoosier hands
Now. where can he purchase it ?

@Sbiriguda
I have a picture of me standing in less than a foot of water -- ankle deep water -at Hagerty's cove holding two lobsters I caught with out getting my wet. Of course that picture was snapped just a few months after the release of the secret wet suit to the general public by the US government-- a long time ago

There are a lot of variables and interesting factors involving successful bug hunting- recent storms wave action, available nourishment and secure hole as well as the skill of the hunter

SDM

HI did any one contact you as to where to buy the tickle stick with a handle like that? Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom