Search and Rescue - Scubaboard Staff Member - Northernone - Missing in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cameron Donaldson Search Update **** 9 Volunteers needed tomorrow morning 3/19 at 5:45 am at SEDENA **** Tomorrow we will be walking at the lighthouse in the North. We hired some boats and we are going by boat to Punta Mika’s, docking there and will be searching on land for a few hours trying to cover all the possible areas that are far and impossible to reach by truck. Please let Henry Christopher Schultz know if you are able to assist.

We still need air support any pilots that can help is greatly appreciated!!

Is Maya air an option? Just a thought.

Jay
I just looked at their listed fleet/schedules, they have a Cessna 402 which would be appropriate, but is on a scheduled run from CUN to Chetmal in the AM and then returns in the afternoon. There is a theoretical 6-7 hour gap, but given the 2+ hour round trip time, two refueling slots, and general operations overhead, it would leave very little effective operating time offshore. They may need to have a second pilot to swap out as well.

Bonnie said the Canadian embassy is aware of the situation and is getting involved.

mtngoat2674 (Angelfish) - I sent you a message - but if you are planning on coming here or if you are aware of someone who is coming here to help with the search, I have 2 extra bedrooms in my house and would be glad to volunteer them. I live right in town. My contact info is in the message I sent you.

I am beating the bushes in south Florida, trying to find a couple more pilots. The ones I have thus far located are in Cuba. They are doing what they can, unofficially, of course. However, if I can find at least one of my buddies in the Everglades, I may have more assistance. They are somewhat reclusive, however, and difficult to get ahold of... if they are even there. I am very concerned that looking close to the Mexican shore at this point will be fruitless. I'm trying to utilize other avenues. Thank you for the offer.

Thank you to all of you who are helping find this young, kind man. Reading this thread shows how humans can be kind and compassionate irregardless of skin color, religion or national heritage.

For those who believe in higher powers, we can ask help there too while our friends at land and sea search for our loved ones.

I just received a call back from the embassy. They have been in contact with the family and are doing what they can.
Canada does not have any air assets in Mexico and is dependent on the local govt.
They have alerted the Canadian embassys in Cuba and Florida as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom