Search and Rescue - Scubaboard Staff Member - Northernone - Missing in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the family possibly losing hope, you might want to know that our shop had 4 customers who capsized a boat in the middle of the gulf a few years back. They were found sunburned, dehydrated, and in bad shape, but alive, nearly 4 days after being lost.

While I’m personally pissed at God for my own crap, you guys keep praying and don’t give up hope.

Slight thread drift (pun intended).

If he's floating it appears he's headed to Cuba or straight toward the middle of the Gulf according to the animated current map.

I always like seeing such visualizations, the animation is of streamlines which is an instantaneous view of the flow (current).

And there is a dead zone north of Cozumel (Northwest of Cuba) where one would just floating in a circle.

A dead zone is were there is no life in the water. A location where a current moves in a circular motion would be a cycle. However, though a circular motion over time that too can move. That is known as transport.

Regardless of the terminology used, I hope Cameron is found soon.

Update -

No Cameron yet. All resources have returned to base and suspended their search until sunlight.

Tomorrow we have many resources ready. I hesitate to list them all here as I will surely miss a few. But let me try....

Deleted items covered above.

That is an awesome list of assets helping. I hope that you have help in coordinating all these since you have multiple areas to search to cover various scenarios on his disappearance.

Can someone or multiple people post this to Reddit.
A small summary.
A link to the go fund me site.
There is a scuba subReddit, but AskReddit ot news might reach more people.
I am a lurker on Reddit and not familar with posting.

I just did post it on r/scuba. I'll do the same in few other subreddits.

Just caught this thread, although I've never met Cameron in person, we've done some deals and exchanged numerous emails, he's most definitely one of the good people, super nice guy. I hope to God he is ok. Damn.

...A dead zone is were there is no life in the water. A location where a current moves in a circular motion would be a cycle. However, though a circular motion over time that too can move. That is known as transport.

Regardless of the terminology used, I hope Cameron is found soon.

If such thing did exist in the gulf and Cameron were floating in there, I would imagine there would be other floating stuff (plastic trash, driftwood, etc.) that would attract fish that he can fish out for food. I heard fish eyes are good source of fresh water.

Hang in there, Cameron! Lots of family & friends are searching for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom