Nitrox Fills (Northern Virginia): Shortest Turnaround Time?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Barnaby'sDad

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Where do you go for your Nitrox fills? Do any shops in the area offer on the spot/same day fills? Thank you.

A bit of a drive, but Submerged in Rockville, MD banks 32% (and TriMix). As a courtesy I do recommend calling first, especially if you are trying to swing by right at the end of the day. Not sure in NoVA... @stuartv or @CAPTAIN SINBAD can probably suggest some shops though.

Mark

I appreciate the recommendation, but that's going to be a hike for me.

I was excited when I found Blue Octopus in Alexandria. They bank 32% and 36%. The location would work for me if I didn't have to leave the tank and come back for it.

Virginia Scuba is usually able to fill while you wait, if you need it.

They don't bank Nitrox, but they can make it for you. Like Mark said, I would call first, just to make sure. It's always possible that Tige or Carl won't be there and whoever is manning the shop right then might not be able to do it.

Since Mark mentioned Trimix, I will also note that VA Scuba has the cheapest helium around. By FAR.

Virginia Scuba is Northern Virginia and Manassas' home for scuba diving. We do not just give scuba lessons, we help you start Livin' the Dive Life. is not far off I-66, between Manassas and Gainesville.

I will also note that VA Scuba has the cheapest helium around. By FAR.

Out of curiosity??? What’s their He rate

Virginia Scuba is usually able to fill while you wait, if you need it.

They don't bank Nitrox, but they can make it for you. Like Mark said, I would call first, just to make sure. It's always possible that Tige or Carl won't be there and whoever is manning the shop right then might not be able to do it.

Since Mark mentioned Trimix, I will also note that VA Scuba has the cheapest helium around. By FAR.

Virginia Scuba is Northern Virginia and Manassas' home for scuba diving. We do not just give scuba lessons, we help you start Livin' the Dive Life. is not far off I-66, between Manassas and Gainesville.

I’ll give them a try next time I’m out that way. My current tank is O2 certified, so banked isn’t a requirement.

I just got rid of my AL80’s. I need to get on getting another HP100. One reason I was looked at places that bank Nitrox is that I was hoping to not have to pay to O2 cert my next tank.

One reason I was looked at places that bank Nitrox is that I was hoping to not have to pay to O2 cert my next tank.

I’d suggest O2 cleaning. It’s worthwile if you travel a lot. You can fairly easily learn to O2 clean your own tanks...and VIP them yourself too.
Mark from PSI is teaching an O2 cleaning class at lake Phoenix this weekend I believe. If nothing else, it’s nice to know how to DIY

I’d suggest O2 cleaning. It’s worthwile if you travel a lot. You can fairly easily learn to O2 clean your own tanks...and VIP them yourself too.
Mark from PSI is teaching an O2 cleaning class at lake Phoenix this weekend I believe. If nothing else, it’s nice to know how to DIY

He is. I was talking with Dalelynn about that when I was down there last weekend. Unfortunately, I have a commitment on Saturday and I won't be able to make it down for that.

I’ll give them a try next time I’m out that way. My current tank is O2 certified, so banked isn’t a requirement.

I just got rid of my AL80’s. I need to get on getting another HP100. One reason I was looked at places that bank Nitrox is that I was hoping to not have to pay to O2 cert my next tank.

What Tom said. I keep all my tanks O2 Clean. I have been too many places, from FL to Canada, where they do Nitrox fills using partial pressure blending.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom