Aruba: Any Divers Out There?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DevilEyeDog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm going to Aruba in June for a family trip and hoping to ditch the non-diving family for some diving. I've reached out to some dive shops and will be booking most of my dive trips through them, but I'm finding many do not dive on Sunday and they offer limited night dives. What a bummer?
I also see that shore diving is possible in Aruba, but the shops tell me that I can rent tanks if I have a buddy.

Any divers out there who would like to go diving with a good diver?

Here's my diving background:
125+ dives
AOW, Nitrox, Navigator and a few other certs no one really cares about
I dive regularly, minimally twice a month in New England which requires one to hike with 70lbs (32kg) of gear for 10-15 minutes at a time over rocks, down a few boulders and in to cold water (temperature was 33F, 0.5C this weekend). This means Caribbean diving is ridiculously easy. I haul around a steel 100 HP tank and need to wear 35lbs (16kg) of weight in a drysuit.
My air consumption is great. I just dove in Florida on an Aluminum 80 at the Blue Heron Bridge (average 22ft, 8m) for 2.5 hours with some air to spare. I have no issues getting an hour long dive at 70 feet (21m) depths on a aluminum 80.
Needless to say I won't be a pain in the ass.

Anyone out there who wants to go on a few shore dives and maybe a night dive?
I tried finding dive clubs in Aruba or even a facebook page and I came up with nothing so I thought I'd give this a try.
Thanks in advance!

I was diving in Aruba last year. While I will have to decline your offer, I note that there isn't much close to shore that's worth using a tank for. There is some good snorkeling. I prefer that to scuba when depths are less than around 15 feet.

Thanks for the reply. That's a bummer to hear about the shore diving.

Back
Top Bottom