Putting together a technical diving charter. Who is in?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i might be able to make some weekdays work it really just depends on the dates. The first two weeks in May I’m free...other then that I’ll have to do some looking.

CS,

Depending on dates I’m certainly interested and can most likely make a weekday trip work. I’d suggest putting some possible dates on a Doodle calendar so people can vote.

Mark

I am tentatively interested but have a lot of potential dates on my calendar and not enough Vacation time to do everything! Stupid Job thing often gets in the way! I'd ditch it but then I wouldn't have the $ to dive so it is a vicious circle!

Alright folks, here are some possible dates:

May 27 (Mon) Memorial Day for people to arrive in Morehead city.
May 28 (Tue) Dive
May 29 (Wed) Dive
May 30 (Thur) Back-up day in case of a bad weather.

Please let me know if these dates work for you and she will open a roster to collect our deposits. Once she has 12 deposits this trip is a GO! Possible wrecks are Manuela, Atlas Tanker and Naeco but we are open to suggestions.

Thoughts?

won't be back stateside until August, but still following in case anything changes or tech trip v2.0 goes.

do you have a list of wrecks you guys are planning to visit? I didn't even know we had anything in the 130+ range around Morehead.

I didn't even know we had anything in the 130+ range around Morehead.

The wrecks are there...nobody ever goes to them. It’s a long run for deep wrecks out of Morehead. Closest really deep wrecks are running 30-40miles East past cape lookout. Easier to get to from Hatteras.

Manuela and Malchase have been hit from Morehead, but it’s a big fuel burn. Out of Hatteras there is Monitor, EM Clark, Lancing, Empire Gem, Manuela, Malchase, etc all within a 2.5hr run from the inlet.

UPDATE: This trip has been scheduled officially by Olympus for May 14, 15 and 16 and they will be putting it on their calendar soon. After that it will be open to the public. Presently they have 8 spots left so please call Olympus and register yourselves. Let me know who is signing in and I will look forward to diving with you.

YAAAY!

I am unable to make those dates. Have fun though, kind of jealous.

UPDATE: This trip has been scheduled officially by Olympus for May 14, 15 and 16 and they will be putting it on their calendar soon. After that it will be open to the public. Presently they have 8 spots left so please call Olympus and register yourselves. Let me know who is signing in and I will look forward to diving with you.

YAAAY!

I cannot join this particular expedition but kudos for making it happen. I hope this is the first of many and that I’ll be able to join you in the future.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom