Boston in June?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

though13

UUUUUHHHHHHH
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello!
I will be in Boston for a week in June (6/16-6/21), and am hoping to get a dive or two in! Wondering what the dive scene is like there in June, and if there are any opportunities?

Thanks!!
Mark

Look in the Cape Ann area - lots of shore diving and charter boats. You don't mention what you are looking for. Considered the North Shore - above Boston.

Look in the Cape Ann area - lots of shore diving and charter boats. You don't mention what you are looking for. Considered the North Shore - above Boston.
Well I am new to diving, and I will have my OW by the time I am there. Since I am there on business, I likely won't bring any gear with me, except maybe mask and fins. I am looking for any dive, really, that is up to 60ft. :)

I will have my OW by the time I am there

Do yourself a favor - wait till you get some dives under your belt before you hit Boston waters.
I imagine this will be your first cold water ocean dive and you wont have a dive buddy. I can give you advice but I would like to see you with a few more dives than 0 - before I point you to a low viz, cold water, current ridden spot...
If you come back to Boston after a few dives then I can help you out. :)

Do yourself a favor - wait till you get some dives under your belt before you hit Boston waters.
I imagine this will be your first cold water ocean dive and you wont have a dive buddy. I can give you advice but I would like to see you with a few more dives than 0 - before I point you to a low viz, cold water, current ridden spot...
If you come back to Boston after a few dives then I can help you out. :)
I am def not looking for solo... I am looking for a group or something. I will have some dives under my belt by then - we are cold freshwater here, with poor viz. just was thinking if there is something/someone around so I wasn't going solo, then I'd look into it. No way I would do solo :)

Reactions: Tug
There is plenty of diving for a newly certified diver in Massachusetts.

If you’re going to be in Boston itself without a rental car, I’d recommend Boston Scuba. They are close to public transportation and run a charter boat with plenty of beginner sites. I would recommend hiring a DM if you’re not used to cold water diving, but seeing as you’re from WI, that might not be an issue?

If you have a rental car, there is plenty of shore diving or more charters on the North Shore. Not many of these charters rent gear so you’d have to rent from another dive shop and take it to the boat.

If you post a message closer to the date, I’m sure you’ll be able to find a buddy or two!

As a disclaimer to me previous post, I drive and crew for Boston Scuba, but only started crewing after I had been a customer for years. Feel free to ask me any questions either here or via PM.

Call Mike and Sue at Aquatic Escapes in NH. They’re in Manchester NH but pretty sure they do trips to MA North Shore.

Hey Mark! As you can imagine, there is a lot of boat traffic in the area during June. But still plenty of opportunities to dive! If you can get up to the Cape Ann area there's a plethora of shore diving opportunities. Some of my favorite diving in the area.

I'll be in the Boston area about a week after the OP. People in this thread are mentioning cold water -- how cold will the water be in late June/early July?

My dive buddy son and I have our AOW and 35 dives each -- mostly Caribbean, some quarry dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom