Jellyfish Lake in Palau officially re-opens.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We were just there 2 weeks ago and while the numbers were not like what we've seen in pictures, where it looks like jellyfish soup, there were still lots. There was a jelly every meter or two which we actually liked as there was space between the jellies that we could swim around them and not knock into them. Some areas they were more tightly packed but we weren't wading through them or pushing them out of the way as we swam like a couple on our trip who had been there years ago experienced. They agreed it was nice not to feel like you were kicking the crap out of them with your fins.

You won't get as many instagram likes as you can't get a hero shot with a million jellies but it was still a fun unique experience. The diving was and should be the main draw, the jellyfish snorkel is really just the cherry and not the main reason yo visit Palau.

I see, well I went there indeed for the diving but without jellyfish lake I felt like I went to Rome without visiting the Colosseum.

I went there in 1992 and was disappointed with Jellyfish Lake. It had no problems like recently, it was just not that interesting in my view.

I see, well I went there indeed for the diving but without jellyfish lake I felt like I went to Rome without visiting the Colosseum.

That's fair. It was cool to see but it wasn't going to break our trip if we didn't. In my view it was more akin to seeing Trevi fountain or Castel Sant'Angelo. I get that it could be Colosseum level though as we all have different ranking.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom