where to buy 1/2" flex hose for regulator (mares Abyss DFC port)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

baggins_69

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
swapping over to flex hoses for my regulator and I did the classic "buy a new set of hoses for my reg but don't realize my primary uses a 1/2" hose"...

so: where can I buy a 1/2" flex hose for my Mares Abyss DFC primary? I've only been finding rubber in 1/2"...

You will probably find it easier just to buy an adapter. They may make 1/2" flex hose but I have never seen it.

I am not at the shop this week to check catalogues, but I think it is available from Mares. Have your LDS order it for you.

You already have the hoses, a $7 adapter is a lot less than a new hose. And, you have the option of swapping around if you need to....on a trip and need a new hose for example.

If you do find and purchase a 1/2" flex hose you may also want to but an adapter for your save a dive kit for the very reason herman gave.

will a standard size hose fit at the 2nd stage end or will I need an adapter there too? (abyss second stage)

I plan to keep my old hoses for my save a dive kit (the hoses are still OK, I just want to switch over to flex hose)

I am pretty sure you only need one on the first stage. That is how it is with any of my regs that use a 1/2" hose (Apeks).

miflex makes a hose with a 1/2" fitting....dont know about availability in the US but I was able to buy one here in Belgium.

Back
Top Bottom