Advice for Tall Divers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dang, all this height here.... We need to form the SB basketball or volleyball team...

:rofl3:

:rofl3: I am a midget here at 6'1"... but I've 34" waist so while 7mm XL wetsuits fit the length, and usually mostly fit the shoulders/arms, I get to enjoy the air bubble around the midsection. Ugh.

I'm 6'4" and have a size 16 shoe. Does anyone have recommendations for fins and boots? I have a pair of bare size 13 7mm boots and xl seawing novas that I got from the LDS I'm doing my open water through but my feet started hurting after having the fins on for 5+ hours doing the pool training. Is this normal for wearing fins for that long?

I'm 6'4" and have a size 16 shoe. Does anyone have recommendations for fins and boots? I have a pair of bare size 13 7mm boots and xl seawing novas that I got from the LDS I'm doing my open water through but my feet started hurting after having the fins on for 5+ hours doing the pool training. Is this normal for wearing fins for that long?
I suspect that any fin will hurt after 5hrs especially if you are not used to wearing fins. During the course, you are probably in your gear for a lot longer than you will ever be after that. After you get your course finished, you will be in the gear for shorter periods (maximum of probably an hour at a time) with more breaks in between so you will get a chance to recover more.

I do distinctly remember that pretty much everything hurt when I did my OW (I did 4 consecutive days). Never had that since.

You need shoes that fit! I wear 15, aqualung, ocean quest! Neo sport all have bigger sizes, don’t worry about brand look for size. Fins can be tricky, the Nova foot pocket works pretty well in XL for larger sizes, deep 6 makes an xxl that I find to be huge and only works for me with the thickest boots. I modify most of my gear, drysuit boots are Hollis and I grind off the edges of the soles to fit my deep 6 xl fins which I also modify by replacing the spring straps with bungee and boiling the foot pocket, jamming the boots in and letting it cool.

For a dry suit look at Seaskin, full custom at about 1/2 the price.

6'8" 240lbs sz 15"shoe
I've been drysuit researching but have only found one off the rack that would fit me that's the fusion bullet.
Does anyone know of other manufacturers that make suits in giant size ?
If you have not purchased yet, check out DUI custom. I am 6'11", 270lbs, and my drysuit is perfection for me.

:rofl3: I am a midget here at 6'1"... but I've 34" waist so while 7mm XL wetsuits fit the length, and usually mostly fit the shoulders/arms, I get to enjoy the air bubble around the midsection. Ugh.
Wow I felt small by reading this thread but I am glad to find someone of a similar size (I am only 6ft 2 :))

Back
Top Bottom