Looking for shore dive buddy - GC 3/26 - 4/1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sagesign

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Looking for a buddy for shore dives next week as I have a non diving family. Will be staying at Coconut Bay Condos and will have a vehicle. I'm open to any locations and any time of the day/night.
Andy

Ah - going to be back in the US to do my taxes :( during those exact days. Hope you hook up with someone.

I do a lot of my diving as a single, and it's never a problem with most boat operators, if you end up having to do that. Most offer a group guided dive, and some will buddy you up with someone with a similar amount of gas left when you get back under the boat. Some just keep a guide under the boat and ask that you just stay kind of close by to finish out your dive. Even when I boat dive with friends here, we almost always follow the guide and finish together tooling around under the boat.

Enjoy your stay!

Going back is always a bit of a bummer, but to go back to do taxes must really make it tough to not miss the flight!

Planning on some boat dives but really enjoy shore diving - go at your own pace, go when you want, and also just the cost. Some of my favorite dives have been those early morning dives with the sun just at the right angle and everything starting to wake up.

Andy,

Here is an "insider" tip... make sure that on the first few days you are there you go down to the man-made beach for sunset. It's often a point in the day where the various guests and visitors head down there to enjoy beverages and watch the sun go down. People tend to be pretty friendly. Let them know that you are looking for a dive buddy and see if anybody has any suggestions. There are several dive masters that are resident in the complex and they may have some suggestions as to your options.

Enjoy your stay - I wish I was there right now.

Hey Alucard,

Thanks for the tip. I was a little late reading it tonight, but did meet one of the resident dive masters earlier and getting some dives set up and learning how everything works here. Should be in the water tomorrow. Thanks again!

Wish I could help, but have non diving family visiting this week which leaves me on the surface as well.:(

Back
Top Bottom