Dive Log Software????????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I second Proton. MacDive is awesome! it includes everything. Dive Log and Dive Log Smart Searches. Add Photos to your dive log. Track Gear usage, bottom time for different gear, and gear maintenance times and reminders. you can import your dive cards right into the software. and everything syncs with the IOS app. so you also have everything on the go. Support is top of the line. and the app is just well put together. I have tried maybe 15 other software packages on both Windows and Mac and none of them have even come close to MacDive!

Never tried Divelog or any other program as I was lucky enough to try Subsurface first. Never felt the need to use anything else since. For me Subsurface has everything I need - dive planner (full tech level plans), the ability to add photos/videos, log everything about the dive etc.

I tried Subsurface and if I wasn't diving Shearwater computers I would use it.

Cheers -
Is that because the SW software is good enough for you? I only ever fire up SW software occasionally to check/perform firmware updates - all logging is done with Subsurface. Can be an issue initially pairing the DC and PC (mainly down to BT LE) but I bypass that now and sync the dives onto my phone and transfer it to PC with the cloud.

I use Dive Mate on my android. Never logged anything on the PC. Can you import other formats into Divelog on the PC?

You can always just use our favorite spread sheet

Like some others I use Dive Mate on android. Have had no problems transferring dives from my Perdix AI. I also use the Shearwater cloud program. The Divemate program is more so just as a backup.

You can always just use our favorite spread sheet
Yes, but then you'd have to manually enter all the data for each of the cells. With logging software, you just connect your dive computer and run a quick import. Most of the data is transferred, and all you have to do is add a few elements.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom