Inspection of failed Zoop come back as Normal!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Apparently, those devices aren't sold here on the east side of the pond

They don't sell lutefisk in FL to maintain the karmic balance.

Yeah, and my AOW instructor gave us the story of how his buddy was so narked he tried to donate gas to a passing fish. He isn't the only "experienced" instructor who has told that tale...

There's some difference between your story and mine. I'd think that a crewmember stating that a particular dive computer uses amore conservative computer algorithm resulting in shorter dive times is somewhat more believable than a diver sharing his air supply with a fish, especially when the 2 divers in question returned to the boat before everyone else even though they were in the 2nd to last group to splash.

Suunto has atrocious customer service and it's a shame. Their products used to be great (Mosquito, Vyper....) My D6I has over 500 scuba dives and 90 hours spent freediving, yet I know that if something brakes on it the manufacturer will refuse to service it and just offer me a deal on a new computer.

And the computer has the same NDL and a very similar deco profile to a buhlman 45/85 on the first dive of the day. The rest are.... not so sure. It heavily penalises you for short surface intervals, and sometimes it's time to surface can be double the one it's telling you when you reach the deco stop. I had multiple dives where it was my backup computer and while my Petrel is done Suunto has up to 20 minutes of deco left.

I know that if something brakes on it the manufacturer will refuse to service it and just offer me a deal on a new computer.

It isn't much of a deal at all, they stick it to you. I know from experience. Don't buy Suunto, it is a piece of manure, product and company.

It isn't a big deal at all, I know from experience.

My experience with multiple D4 and D4I computers is that I have to send it to Finland and then wait for weeks just for them to tell me I'm out of luck and need to buy a new computer.

My experience with multiple D4 and D4I computers is that I have to send it to Finland and then wait for weeks just for them to tell me I'm out of luck and need to buy a new computer.

Sorry, I reworded my comment above. I meant that it isn't much of a deal, they stick it to you. I'll never buy Suunto again.

To the OP. I used a Zoop once as a rental and it worked fine. I recently had my aqualung i300 show the wrong depth while at the surface. Sent it in and they said it was the depth sensor, nothing they could do but hey we will sell you an i300c at cost.

Currently I have a suunto tank pod in for warranty due to it showing pressure when it’s not pressurized. Green light still blinking and running the battery down. They received it February 21st. Still there and don’t know when it’s coming back. Little disappointed with warranty work from Suunto. Love their gear but as a buyer we shouldn’t have to wait a month or longer to get something back. Hope it all works out for you in the end.

Glenn

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom