ScubaPro MK2/DIN leak problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm in the same boat as rhwestfall. Don't have access to my stuff right now. When you remove the fitting and look in the body of the reg is there a small hole of to the side of the main hole?

Yes. Mentioned that in the original post. It clearly feeds tank pressure to the HP port. It's right on the edge. From there the main hole tapers down in a very shallow funnel shape. It is NOT FLAT like the other reg bodies I'm used to.

You have the wrong o-ring. It needs to be sealed on the exterior of the DIN fitting. There should be no oring on the bottom

See attached

Attachments

• SCPDC3.png
    SCPDC3.png
    182.1 KB · Views: 152
That adapter works however you use the white o-ring around the body to seal and not the yellow one.

I don't have SP color O-rings to reference. Do you mean to use the [white one] in the main body groove to do the sealing? That's what I have done and it seems to be working.

I don't have SP color O-rings to reference. Do you mean to use the [white one] in the main body groove to do the sealing? That's what I have done and it seems to be working.

Yes as that's how the MK2 is sealed.

See attached

Yep, that's what I've done. Should this be 90 hardness (poly maybe?) since it's sealing tank pressure?
I still DO put in the bottom 011 O-ring, right?

Part number is 010 501 158. Is it possible you had debris on it such as a piece of hair? Is there a knick in the sealing surfaces?
No nicks, no hair.
I just used an O-ring that would appear to fit and it worked. Looks to be an 015. The SP references are anything but helpful.
Laying the bottom O-ring in the body cavity it doesn't look like it could seal off the HP hole.

Back
Top Bottom