opinions on entry level dive computers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have an i300c and love it. I also have a Suunto Eon core and think it’s awesome. If your interested in an i300c data cable I have one for sale in the classifieds. Make me an offer.

Glenn

Thanks to everyone for their advice! I was able to play with an aqualung 100 over the weekend in the pool and liked it. I am assuming the 100 and 300 are similar in display? If thats the case, then I have narrowed the search down to the puck pro and the i300c. Price wise they are almost identical - 299 either way - puck pro + with cable versus i300c with bluetooth. Not too interested in the bluetooth for the puck pro since you have to buy the cable for anything other than dive logs. I am assuming firmware updates (if ever) are bluetooth on the i300c?

I like stats, so I am going to want to keep as much as possible for all dives. I saw in the diverlog software from aqualung where it will show the duration, depth, temp, etc.. as well as other details of the dive and graphically log it. Does Mares have something similar? Are there other programs that work as well or better that are compatible with the either the puck pro / cable or i300c and bluetooth?
2 x i100.

[QUOTE="jimmyt, post: 8590927, member: I am assuming firmware updates (if ever) are bluetooth on the i300c?"

I just did a firmware upgrade via bluetooth. In my opinion the way to go.

Hello,

I own an i300C. I have an Android 7 phone. I am trying to download my dives to my Windows 10 G50 laptop. The phone sees the computer. When I enter the download code and click Done nothing happens. I have sent emails to edive support but they have not responded.
I think that I have to tell the laptop that to see the phone. But, I do not know how. can anyone help me with this.

Thank you.

PS: I did not know how to start a new thread.

I quit using my computer for logging my dives and started using my iPad. The i300c and the iPad see each other via Bluetooth and wallah your done. Sorry can’t help you with laptop issues. I do have a data transfer cable for sale in the classifieds. If interested make me an offer

Glenn

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom