Fake DiveRite Second Stage Regulators...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You're right. But I cannot believe that Halcyon would willingly pay a middleman, Scubapro; when they can buy direct from the manufacturer, as long as Scubapro is not currently ordering that same model.

Michael

You're right. But I cannot believe that Halcyon would willingly pay a middleman, Scubapro; when they can buy direct from the manufacturer, as long as Scubapro is not currently ordering that same model.

Michael

Scubapro may not manufacture the components to their regulators however they do design them and build them at their factory in Italy. If Scubapro still owns the rights to those designs or holds patents on them then Halcyon would have to license those from them.

So I got this response from the eBay seller regarding the regulators. Evidently it’s just a sticker covering the dive rite logo.

Hello,

Yes it is authentic, it just has that sticker that is easily removable. You can always buy it first, and if you are not happy with it, you can send it back for refund “

So I got this response from the eBay seller regarding the regulators. Evidently it’s just a sticker covering the dive rite logo.

Hello,

Yes it is authentic, it just has that sticker that is easily removable. You can always buy it first, and if you are not happy with it, you can send it back for refund “

DB83...

I got the same response from the seller...do you believe them...and why would you bother...buying from an authorized DR supplier...DGX would be my choice...would be much better...

How much time and effort are you going to invest in what was a bad decision to begin with...

WM...

DB83...

I got the same response from the seller...do you believe them...and why would you bother...buying from an authorized DR supplier...DGX would be my choice...would be much better...

How much time and effort are you going to invest in what was a bad decision to begin with...

WM...
I have a deep 6 set so I wasn’t looking to replace anything. I asked out of curiosity of what the seller would reply with based off their high feedback. Nothing more

Many years ago, a dive gear maker rejected a quantity of regulators because they failed quality control. The vendor then tried to sell the regulators themselves (using the gear makers brand) until the gear maker found out and threatened legal action. I wonder if this could be the same situation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom