Enriched Air Nitrox Certification - Why such variance in cost?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I found a variance too, but my suggestion is to stay away from elearning from PADI. My experience is that it always costs more than the books. What kind of logic that is is beyond me. There’s no MSRP so if the price is in the right ballpark, including the manual, and the location is convenient, that’ll be my choice.

And yeah, no dive required as @Lorenzoid stated.
And it's the worst eLearning experience I've had in 30 years. And I'm in the business, so I see a lot of crap.

And it's the worst eLearning experience I've had in 30 years. And I'm in the business, so I see a lot of crap.
I disagree, take the red cross first aid/CPR online and you will be amazed at how awful it is

PADI elearning is $180 in the US.

A local shop does the dives. One is a test that you actually pay attention to the MOD. They try and take you deeper than the MOD and you have to give them the finger and hold to your MOD to pass. Make sure you actually do what you were taught.

PADI elearning is $180 in the US.

Undoubtedly true, but that does not get you the c-card. You then have to pay an LDS 80-100 to do the live training bringing total to 260-280, more than what most dive shops charge to just do the training. That pattern holds true for most PADI e-learning, not sure why anyone would go that route.

Undoubtedly true, but that does not get you the c-card. You then have to pay an LDS 80-100 to do the live training bringing total to 260-280, more than what most dive shops charge to just do the training. That pattern holds true for most PADI e-learning, not sure why anyone would go that route.
Student pays the $180 for online enriched air/ nitrox course which is done thru our facility, once finished he/she prints out score completion form , calls us to schedule day and time for pratical and quiz. We do not charge for pratical and quiz

Student pays the $180 for online enriched air/ nitrox course which is done thru our facility, once finished he/she prints out score completion form , calls us to schedule day and time for pratical and quiz. We do not charge for pratical and quiz

Just double checked dive shops in my region, some do it the way you describe, some do it the way I describe. Interesting that agency has not moved to standardize that to promote their e-learning program.

Back
Top Bottom