I have become that which I loathed, a....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

swimmer_spe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I got my certification 10 years ago.Up to a few years ago, I dove locally and enjoyed it. A few years ago, I moved inland and went for a dive and only saw muck. That is the day I became that which I loathed. a destination Diver.

I have dove the Cenotes, Cuba's Bay of Pigs and now the Dominican Republic's Sousa. I like the warm water. I like the life I see. I like the visibility.
I may try some other lakes here, but I think I am turning into that which I never thought I would become.

How did you like the diving in the DR? My non-diving husband wants to visit for other (largely baseball-related) reasons. And hey, sooner or later we all become something our younger selves would have abhorred, right? ;-)

I got my certification 10 years ago.Up to a few years ago, I dove locally and enjoyed it. A few years ago, I moved inland and went for a dive and only saw muck. That is the day I became that which I loathed. a destination Diver.

I have dove the Cenotes, Cuba's Bay of Pigs and now the Dominican Republic's Sousa. I like the warm water. I like the life I see. I like the visibility.
I may try some other lakes here, but I think I am turning into that which I never thought I would become.

Embrace change. I think we all go through phases. I was a "destination diver" for years, then I succumbed to the tech siren. But I suspect that as I age, I may return to destination diver.

I liked Sosua, too. Interesting little place.

How did you like the diving in the DR? My non-diving husband wants to visit for other (largely baseball-related) reasons. And hey, sooner or later we all become something our younger selves would have abhorred, right? ;-)

It was great. The DMs were good. It cost me about $100 US for 2 tank dives.

Congratulations, you should go buy yourself a new Teric, ultralight travel friendly BP/W and lightweight travel reg to drown your sorrows and console yourself!

When living inland for decades I didn't consider destination diving--perhaps because I had no interest in diving dark northern Canada lakes and thought I would feel uneasy just diving tropically once or twice yearly (for safety reasons). Now, with over 700 dives I wish I had the $ to just dive tropically.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom