TekDiveGirl / Kimber Hawkens Thurman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had the privilege of meeting Kimber out in California, then hosting her for a week when she flew out to Florida for a visit. Despite the challenges she faced, she was not one to be overcome by them. She did not allow her disability to define her, she met life head on and conquered each obstacle she faced.

I live in awe of all she has accomplished. And know that our angel in pink wings lived more each day then I can ever hope to achieve.

I'm sorry for your loss. I never met Kimber personally but have followed her on threads since rec.scuba days. Her determination at overcoming the odds was truly inspirational

One of her professors is working towards Kimber graduating with her Bachelor's Degree in Psychology next month on the 17th
He said that Kimber has already earned her Degree and that ... " the Dean has told me that we are getting a care team together to talk with students and faculty."
And the professor said that Kimber was a member for the last two years of the Faculty Mentoring Program and will already be graduating from that program next month on the 3rd.

It's just like her to be mentoring others :heart:

My deepest condolences to you and her family. She was so young.

I met Kimber years ago in Fla and have been her FB friend ever since. I’ve watched cheered her through he struggles and triumphs. She was and will continue to be a shining example of what we should all strive to be.

My condolences to all of her friends and family.

Kimber saying 1.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom