Pride or Brag Jackets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@Laurie S.
asked
Here are a couple of both of us with our hats. I'd to like to clean mine up a bit. Is there a safe way to do that?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Laurie
I have always placed mine in the washer with the rest of the clothes
but I always air dry mine
I raid my wife's kitchen for a large bowl which I shape the wet hat around

Let it air dry
In Kalifornia air drying requires about a day
In the heat and sun of San Carlos Mexico about 15 seconds

I have so many good and great memories of San Carlos
I first dove it while station at Luke AFB as a young USAF officer in 1956
I regularly dove it until early 1960s
Then civilization arrived in the form of American trailers and a yacht club
I have never returned

I do recall a long forgotten article I wrote which was about our first trip to San Carlos to test our
new home built spear guns constructed from GI surplus items . It was published in the national magazine Discover Diving in my dedicated column "The way it was" and titled The magnificent gas gun ( I still have the gas gun !)

So many memories from,,,,, .

The days of our dives
Good Luck
Sam Miller, 111

Attachments

• upload_2019-4-5_6-30-36.png
    upload_2019-4-5_6-30-36.png
    504.9 KB · Views: 209
Thanks, I'll try that. My hat is in good shape, just a bit dirty. I'm not washing his since I can still smell him in that hat.

I'm headed down to San Carlos on April 17th just before the craziness of Semana Santa, or as Russ always called it, Semana Loca. Have to keep an eye on my house and boat (at the house) and watch the craziness. Russ never let me stay then, he wanted me safe. He had some interesting encounters there several years. I'll be diving, practicing my underwater photography and a new diopter, and doing some spearfishing. Good times.

@Laurie S.
Your hat will survive many washings ==but never with a bleach !
Semana Santa - Russ was right on-- North of the border it has become the "Knife and gun club" ..so very sad!~

Enjoy your diving - I certainly did so many moons ago-- fish were abundant and big in those halcyon days of yesteryear. I still have a display of shells from San Carlos-- lions paw scallops and the big thick walled scallops as memories.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
@Neptune Warrior
I commend and applaud you for your efforts with the service men and women. Your efforts should be recognized in the NAUI international publication may I suggest that you contact the editor of NAUI Sources Peter Oliver and chat with him.

You might enjoy reading about me and my son Sam IV who is a diver in a recent article in NAUI Sources
" NAUI-SourcesMag2018Q3p18-19.pdf "

Peter needs to write an article about you and your Neptunes Warriors ! your efforts should be recognized and not be a local secret

Keep up the good work and certainly keep on posting

Sam Miller, III
Captain USAF= Korea
NAUI instructor A27

Hey Sam thank you! We've been in Sources a few times the past two years but would love to get some news out there. I also spoke at DEMA last year.
I'm out with divers now but have a few videos to post later. I do have videos up on out Patreon page www.Patreon.com/NeptuneWarrior that has videos and pics

Just came across my old Pelican Case that had a few stickers from past travels. Kinda fun to recall those adventures. M

XrjDO8.jpg

9onfZw.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom