Getting Off Plane At BON??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know that I have sometimes also arranged with Buddy for an afternoon orientation when enough folks were arriving.
It pays to correspond ahead of your arrival if you hope to be in the water on your arrival say, to avoid racing, only to be disappointed.
On the other hand, I have heard that arrival day is also a perfect time for a rum or beer, and kicking back and enjoying the tropical breezes.
Note: I personally do my best to get in the water, but there are other options.... :wink:

Well I've been here since February and don't leave until end of May.. I don't rush and drink lots of fluids..ie .. Bright and Rum... Retirement rocks..

Jim..

I think I will have to do enough rushing to make my connection in Atlanta only have 44 minute layover.

I think I will have to do enough rushing to make my connection in Atlanta only have 44 minute layover.

Ouch. Like to live on the edge, you do, eh?

Do NOT try that in LA!
No people movers ofoany sort behind TSA to get from Domestic to International, and we recently had to race through what felt like miles of the converted old underground maintenance tunnels to make our connection, on our trip to PNG in Feb.

I hate short connections!

You'll be lucki if the gates are close.. Big airport to run through..

Jim .

yeah the connection time sucks at least Hartsfield is easy to navigate.

Almost missed my last Bonaire plane. Had a 40 minute layover, ^$$%#!!!!! flight crew on the first flight overslept (time change night) and then had a tarmac hold. Arrived at Atlanta with 15 minutes to spare.....ran to the gate and they had to open the door of the plane for us...baggage was not so lucky, final piece got there 2 days before we had to return.. No more short layovers for me.

I do think the Bonaire customs/passport control is the easiest ever.

I have never been stopped ever by customs and passport control just sees the other Bonaire stamps and asks where you are staying.

We always have one person stay for bags and then the other person goes to get rental car. Normally by the time the other folks have the bags, I have the car.

Coming back through Atlanta is terrible. We came back when the govt was shut down and it was biblically bad.

Back
Top Bottom