Tulamben Muck Does Not Disappoint

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm in Tulamben right now for a few days and although the water is coldish and the vis is not amazing, the number of critters we are finding is pretty much ridiculous... especially nudibranchs. I can't even tell you how many different nudis we have seen- big, small, fried egg, donut, solar powered, covered in shrimp... This side of Bali really is a special place.

View attachment 511574 View attachment 511575 View attachment 511576 View attachment 511577 View attachment 511578

Heck, I started playing around with this little fishy-guy peeking out of a log in order to break up the nudi-fest. It wasnt until I started messing with the pic in Lightroom did I realize we were being photobombed. Good times.

View attachment 511579

photo.php
I totally second on Muck diving in Tulamben, you can find almost everything there, no boat needed, although the Coral Garden that can only be reached by boat also worth checking, I thought that was a very nice coral there.

24% for accommodation and 40% for diving is significant for us.
The distance from dive center to entry point: LDR 150 m and PM less than 10m
Is not just a bit closer particularly for early morning and night diving
I like this part too

View attachment 513623
Well It was based on the pricing given to me by LDR, you might have received a different quote Wisnu. :)
Also based on my experience with LDR, they shuttled my BC and O2 Tank to the shore so I didnt have to haul everything from the resort which is very helpful.

Well It was based on the pricing given to me by LDR, you might have received a different quote Wisnu. :)
Also based on my experience with LDR, they shuttled my BC and O2 Tank to the shore so I didnt have to haul everything from the resort which is very helpful.

Seem you get very special price from LDR. Good luck then.
We did like LDR. In fact we are among their first customer far before they are big and popular. We stayed there 3 or 4 times, then thier pricing policy changed, we looked again to PM and noticed significant improvement while their price still friendly. First time we visited PM in 2004, not impressed at all., room was dirty and the restaurant was stinky.
I will say LDR accommodation and service is certainly better than PM. Diving - don't see the difference, we dive at same location with good or excellent dive guide.
Locationwise - PM is much better, not only steps away from the entry point, but beautiful sunset from the room.

2019-04-07_01-35-17.jpg

Back
Top Bottom