Trip Report Trip Report-Philippines-Puerto Galera-El Galleon/Asia Divers-April 1-14, 2019

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

upload_2019-4-8_6-4-56.png

I dove with them in 2008. The rooms were really terrible then, but I liked the diving. I know Ruben is still around and is instructor now...
I wouldn't go back though, because I didn't like the town. It was filled with fat Westerners looking for Filipino girls....

Great shots! I'm loving your trip report, just exactly the way you are doing it!

For me, black frog fish are hard enough to appreciate properly without also trying to photograph them.

I dove with them in 2008. The rooms were really terrible then, but I liked the diving. I know Ruben is still around and is instructor now...
I wouldn't go back though, because I didn't like the town. It was filled with fat Westerners looking for Filipino girls....
Those fat Westerners have been replaced by Korean many times over!
Sabang does not represent PG whatsoever.

Really enjoying following along.

Trailboss if you like sweets make sure to try Galleon's banana crepes. They're actually dangerous. I started ordering them for breakfast with fresh mango instead of ice cream. Three weeks later I'm still thinking of them....

Mating Nudis, Clown fish and a Nudi that I have no idea what it is called- Maybe someone can help. Orherwise, I am going to call it a marshmallow nudibranch.

If these are the nudis you wanted IDed, this is Nembrotha cristata.

And this is Phyllidia ocellata. :)

Really enjoying following along.

Trailboss if you like sweets make sure to try Galleon's banana crepes. They're actually dangerous. I started ordering them for breakfast with fresh mango instead of ice cream. Three weeks later I'm still thinking of them....

If these are the nudis you wanted IDed, this is Nembrotha cristata.

And this is Phyllidia ocellata. :)

I really like Trailboss' name of Popcorn Nudi!! :)

Awesome write-up @Trailboss123 as others have said. It motivated me to reach out bluewaterdivetravle.com. I've never used a travel agent before either so it's all new to me. Can't wait to read more of your trip.

Could you, or anyone that's traveled the area, comment on personal safety? Given the wack-job in charge in that country and a handful of terrorist attacks in recent years, I'm wondering how that has weighed on peoples minds regarding travel there.

Could you, or anyone that's traveled the area, comment on personal safety? Given the wack-job in charge in that country and a handful of terrorist attacks in recent years, I'm wondering how that has weighed on peoples minds regarding travel there.

Wife and I traveled to Puerto Galera via Manila last May. No security/safety concerns. The drive from Manila to Bantagas was the most thrilling part of the whole trip. We are heading back to the Philippines (Cebu City) for two weeks at the end of this month.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom