Teric bungee adapter review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stuartv

Seeking the Light
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I just received 2 of the Narked@90 bungee adapters from @Dive Right In Scuba. One for each of my Terics.

Teric Bungee Mount

There were no directions included, so I rigged it how it seemed to make sense to me.

I kept it as one long piece of bungee. But, the two knots in the middle section will ensure that if the bungee breaks anywhere, there will still be at least one piece of bungee holding it all on. And, having the bungee looped through under the back of the Teric ensures that if I break one strap pin, the computer will stay attached.

I haven't trimmed the bungee or burned the ends yet, since I'm still fiddling with the exact setup. Thus, the one long end sticking out.

It's all cool except for one thing. This bungee is pretty stretchy - when you're talking about 1 length. When you're stretching 4 lengths of it, it's pretty stiff. I set it up so that it is just snug over my bare arm, just a little up from my wrist. It's pretty stiff to stretch the bungees enough to slip over my hand. I haven't tried it yet, but I am afraid that trying to stretch it enough to get it on over my Kubi dry glove rings is going to be very tough. And, once on, it might squeeze my arm too tightly with my drysuit and a thick undergarment on.

I'm going to try it, but I have 2 alternatives I will try if I'm right about it being too tight as is.

One, it might work to leave the bungee loose enough to be comfy over a drysuit sleeve and then simply pull the ends of the bungee to tighten it up over a wetsuit or bare arm. I *think* that pulling it and then doubling it back and tucking it under itself, the friction of wrapping around and through the bungee adapter might be enough to keep it from coming loose on its own.

Or, two, I might swap to surgical tubing instead of bungee. I think that would be more stretchy, at the expense of needing to be replaced every so often. It also might work even better as far as pulling it tight and then doubling it back and tucking it under itself.

Other suggestions on rigging are welcome. :D

TericBungee1.jpg

TericBungee2.jpg

TericBungee3.jpg

This seems better. Easy to tighten down. Seems to stay once tightened down.

TericBungee4.jpg

TericBungee5.jpg

TericBungee6.jpg

Google the sliding knot we use on our scooters. I can't currently remember the name of it, but you have two knots on the same line. You can slide them apart to shorten the length or pull them together to make it longer. It's what everyone I know who tech dives and uses bungee mounts does. You'll be able to fit it on a bare arm or over your rings by sliding a knot.
Someone will show up and tell you the name of the knot. I know how to tie it (it's easy), but just don't know the name.

A Fisherman's knot. Some people call it a Fishman. I know the knot well. I just made up a new bungee necklace last week and that's how I make them.

I have used a setup like that on a computer before. To be honest, I don't find it as convenient as a loose end that you can really pull on and then just tuck under. For this particular application. Done like you're talking about, it kind of needs 2 hands to get the bungee tight around your arm and then hold that while you slide the knot to take out the slack.

I just use one of the straps off my perdix. Works great and is easily adjustable.

A Fisherman's knot. Some people call it a Fishman. I know the knot well. I just made up a new bungee necklace last week and that's how I make them.

That's not correct. Scooters use a Taut-line Hitch. There's no floppy loose end, the "slack" gets taken up by the line being doubled-up vs single.

I’ll stick to the stock strap for now, comfortable and looks good, no fear.

I just use one of the straps off my perdix. Works great and is easily adjustable.
Do you have a picture?
Thanks -

Back
Top Bottom