Tips for shooting UV Yooperlites (glowing rocks) from Lake Superior

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diverdon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
As I look for more of these UV reactant rocks, I'm learning more about how filters help and which lights to use. For the best results I'm finding that 365nm UV LEDs work much better than 395nm UV LEDs which is what most dive lights seem to use. Here is a short video comparing the two wavelengths as well as a ZWB2 filter.
If this should be in the Midwest or Great Lakes forum, please advise and or move. Thank you,

DD

@Diverdon
Great !
Thanks again for sharing a very interesting intriguing aspect of this incredible world of diving-- so much has been discovers but so much still undiscovered

I suspect if Cousteau was alive he would have a film crew at your door step and the world would be treated to a Cousteau special on the "Glowing rocks of Don."

Keep up the good works

SAM

Thanks Sam,

I would certainly enjoy the support such an event would bring. And awareness.

Luckily the ice is finally receding from the beaches and more diving opportunities are presenting themselves. I should have more tidbits soon.

DD

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom