Which drysuit boots for shore entry?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lots of good options mentioned, Ive used just about every type of option out there, my preferred lately are these..........especially for the price.

Deep 6 Thick Boots

Jay,
Did you need to size up your fins with those compare to the fusion or chuck Taylor boots?

Lots of good options mentioned, Ive used just about every type of option out there, my preferred lately are these..........especially for the price.

Deep 6 Thick Boots
do you need to size up with these boots? For example, normally I wear a size 11 neoprene boot for wetsuit diving but with my dryuit (fusion bullet with non-neoprene sock material) and a layer of either heavy marino socks OR drysuit insultation booties I need to use a size 12 neoprene boot. My street sneaker is a size 10.5-11 depending on the sneaker.

if you could only have one, would it be the 3s or the 4s? I am able to find both for sale online.
Personal preference, the 4's seem to be more flexible in the uppers, and have more flexible soles so you feel the rocks a little more, while the 3's have a stiffer upper and more solid sole. I've had some issues with delamination of the sole on the 3, but nothing a little shoe goo couldn't fix.

Jay,
Did you need to size up your fins with those compare to the fusion or chuck Taylor boots?
Not at all, I'm a 11/12 and use a 14 boot and lots of room in XXL jets and slipstreams.

do you need to size up with these boots? For example, normally I wear a size 11 neoprene boot for wetsuit diving but with my dryuit (fusion bullet with non-neoprene sock material) and a layer of either heavy marino socks OR drysuit insultation booties I need to use a size 12 neoprene boot. My street sneaker is a size 10.5-11 depending on the sneaker.
I went 2 sizes up and have lots of room...........better a bit large so there's room for thicker socks and stuff.

I went 2 sizes up and have lots of room...........better a bit large so there's room for thicker socks and stuff.
Is 2 sizes almost too much room? Do you feel 1 size would have been enough? Ive had issues in the past with too large boot but also with too small haha.

95% of my diving is shore entry. Mostly nice sandy beaches - meaning I do not need anything substantial to protect my feet. I am currently using cheap house brand neoprene booties, but have used a variety of other options in the past. The most usual have been the DUI rockboots. A nice option that works well with my wide feet, but they only lasted about a year before the eye loops started tearing out. For the money, I am not sure they are any better than a $15 pair of booties - neither provide much in the way of support. I also have a pair of $35 non-slip lace up rubber work boots by Dunlop (Style Number 86103) that work great. If I am going somewhere rocky I use these. They fill up with water, but are no worse that the neoprene booties. They fit great and are usuable in the same fins as the DUI. Speaking of which - they neoprene booties use one size of fin down.

Is 2 sizes almost too much room? Do you feel 1 size would have been enough? Ive had issues in the past with too large boot but also with too small haha.
I think 1 up would be ok......you’re never 100% but the guys at Deep6 are awesome and will definitely exchange.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom