Xtar D26 1600

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

An Romantic gift for the Valentine's Day
sIf you google it, you should be able to find the promo vid.

I still don't find this for sale anywhere. But, the promo vid is here:

I noticed that the video says it's a Cree XHP50.2 LED and it puts out 2500 lumens. That sounds great, on paper.

Also, the vid shows the light with a 21700 battery that says 3500mAh. Actually, it shows it with 2 x 21700 batteries next to it. But, I am HIGHLY skeptical that it actually holds 2 batteries at a time.

The D26 and D26 1600 both use a 26650 battery. My 26650 batteries are 5500mAh.

I don't see how this 2500 lumen light will be able to use 1 3500mAh battery and put out 2500 lumens for any useful amount of time.

I cannot fathom why they would change from using a 26650 battery to a 21700. Especially with a brighter LED.

Guess I'll be sticking with my D26 and D26 1600...

I still don't find this for sale anywhere. But, the promo vid is here:

I noticed that the video says it's a Cree XHP50.2 LED and it puts out 2500 lumens. That sounds great, on paper.

Also, the vid shows the light with a 21700 battery that says 3500mAh. Actually, it shows it with 2 x 21700 batteries next to it. But, I am HIGHLY skeptical that it actually holds 2 batteries at a time.

The D26 and D26 1600 both use a 26650 battery. My 26650 batteries are 5500mAh.

I don't see how this 2500 lumen light will be able to use 1 3500mAh battery and put out 2500 lumens for any useful amount of time.

I cannot fathom why they would change from using a 26650 battery to a 21700. Especially with a brighter LED.

Guess I'll be sticking with my D26 and D26 1600...
I have been playing with 2500 for a while now.. its a step up from 1600 with some problems fixed.. battery life almost same as 1600 but the light is much better for diving day\night but im not sure you will like as beam angle is waider.. we spoke last time and you wanted narrow angle for murky water..
the battery is 4000mah for now but i hope to use it with bigger 5000 mah cells and it takes one battery not two

i have been playing with 2500 for a while now.. its a step up from 1600 with some problems fixed.. battery life almost same as 1600 but the light is much better for diving day\night but im not sure you will like and beam angle as we spoke last time u wanted short angle for murky water..
the battery is 4000mah for now but i hope to use it with bigger 5000 mah cells and it takes one battery not two

How much runtime do you get with the stock battery before the light starts to dim?

And is the beam angle 55 degrees?

@lexvil, where did you buy yours from? I’m thinking of getting one and want to make sure I get “new” stock.
@stuartv, am I understanding correctly that the first 1600 you received required 3 pushes to unlock but the updated 1600 is a long single push? Just asking as this may be an indicator of “new” stock. I saw the long push (3 sec) for shutdown, and 3 pushes to turn on, in the description on lightmalls.com. So does this mean older stock?

Appreciate any input,

Erik

@lexvil, where did you buy yours from? I’m thinking of getting one and want to make sure I get “new” stock.
@stuartv, am I understanding correctly that the first 1600 you received required 3 pushes to unlock but the updated 1600 is a long single push? Just asking as this may be an indicator of “new” stock. I saw the long push (3 sec) for shutdown, and 3 pushes to turn on, in the description on lightmalls.com. So does this mean older stock?

Appreciate any input,

Erik

Yes, that sounds right. Original took 3 pushes. New one takes a long push. Insides look different, too, as shown in some pics I think (?) I posted before.

I would not take the description on a website as any indication of the state of their stock.

Appreciate any input,

Erik
I bought the 1600 through an eBay store and it shipped from HK or Taiwan, figured if it were faulty I could use the system to get my money back but it has proven to be excellent, so far. The 1100 I bought at amazon, also excellent.

Any update to this thread? Was the issue resolved afterall?

The replacement D26 1600 they sent me has been totally fine. So far...

How about you @scubadiver888?

I received a new D26-1600 just before my trip to the Philippines. I'm in the Philippines now.

The dive light definitely lasts more than 3 minutes. Before I left I took a newly charged battery and tried it out. It appeared to last for the quoted 2.48 hours. I didn't pay attention to if it dimmed. I just had it running while I worked on my computer. When it went out I looked at the clock.

The water is pretty clear here and plenty of sunlight from above. So I haven't needed a dive light. I took it with me yesterday and I noticed during each dive that the light came on by itself. I had the old D26 Whale with me as well and it did not automatically turn on. Now the old D26 Whale has a button with a lock position. Not sure why they moved away from that.

I also noted that I charged the lights but didn't use them for 2 days. When the D26-1600 magically turned on I also noticed the red/green indicator was red. Took the lights back to my room and found the D26 Whale battery started at 4.2V and was at 4.2V. The D26-1600 started at 4.2V but it was now at 3.7V. So it seems if you just store the battery in the light, it will slowly lose its charge.

Going on a night dive tonight (if there is room). I'll bring the lights and see how they work.

When I get back home I'll probably do some tests with time and brightness. I'll be able to see when the D26-1600 dims. I'm hoping it will keep working for the full 2.48 hours at 1600 lumens. I won't be back home until some time in mid May.

So far I'd have to say that the new D26-1600 isn't as nice as my D26 Whale; knowing what I know now I probably won't have bought the D26-1600. I have 3 small lights now (DiveRite and the 2 XTARs). My next light is probably going to be a canister light (4000+ lumens) but I'll leave that until I really need it.

Back
Top Bottom