Freedom Plate Divers Roll Call: show us your rig!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think I already posted some of my cold set up but it’s a beautiful day so I can drag everything out and take some more.

My cold set up, once Eric sells me his 1/4” thick FP I can use smaller weight pouches
324BB753-4B0B-470C-B88B-B47301FA102C.jpeg
A11255F2-8E94-48D7-9B3C-FC1F0DA71A9A.jpeg

With this rig I used diverite hardware and lower webbing.
9DDD0F0F-6060-4725-A1C7-96A2E4805E00.jpeg
D9BD12EB-BBA8-4BC6-8DA4-23773A8F9320.jpeg

I see now, excellent!
Thank you for posting those pics.

3/16” or 1/4” plates *might* be an option someday, but they won’t come cheap. They are a absolute bear to shape. I beat on my 1/4” plate with the biggest hammer I had to get the edge roll and it barely moved the material. My arm and grip was so spent at the end of the day I couldn’t even hold my beer. To get the back curve shaped I had to set the plate between two blocks of wood and wail on it with a 12 lb. sledge hammer!

@lexvil - are you diving your FP with the Kraken?
I have but it’s been a while, I used the Diverite webbing so I could adjust the tank lower, better to just run the tank lower in the bands once the FP is perfectly set on your back.

I see now, excellent!

3/16” or 1/4” plates *might* be an option someday, but they won’t come cheap. They are a absolute bear to shape. I beat on my 1/4” plate with the biggest hammer I had to get the edge roll and it barely moved the material. My arm and grip was so spent at the end of the day I couldn’t even hold my beer. To get the back curve shaped I had to set the plate between two blocks of wood and wail on it with a 12 lb. sledge hammer!
I know you love a challenge :stirpot:

After you’ve made a few you can name them the Thor model and etch a picture of yourself on them with your gigantic arms and hammer.

I see now, excellent!

Gotta love high tech methods. Lol. I second the name of Thor’s back plate with the hammer logo lol

Back
Top Bottom