I hate to adblock BUT...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bubbles

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I really hate to block ads and not support a site I love, and SB is a great site! Thank you for creating it and hosting it!

That being said, your ad's javascript is a memory BLEED on Linux Firefox.

The problem is random, suggesting error in code rather than poor optimization/coding. But the screen freezes make the chat unusable. I have isolated it to the ad system, because when I block the ads, problem goes away.

I hate to disable them and not support you, I will check back and try to re-enable them soon. Please check into this if possible, thank you!

Info:
OS - Linux Debian Stretch (9) 64 Bit
Browser - Firefox 52.1.0
Addons - None (Other than Adlock now)

xenforo.js also seems to be raising constant errors: (line 228 specified, but not reliable)
Content Security Policy: Ignoring “'unsafe-inline'” within script-src: ‘strict-dynamic’ specified (unknown)
Content Security Policy: Ignoring “https:” within script-src: ‘strict-dynamic’ specified
Content Security Policy: Ignoring “http:” within script-src: ‘strict-dynamic’ specified (unknown)
XenForo.activate(%o) [object Object]

Finally there is a "Unhandled promise rejection" firing about every 3-5 seconds related to cloudfare its showing, but no detailed info is available.

Are you Russian :wink:

I hated to adblock too. Without it the site was too often not usable.

Fired up inspector in OSX Chrome to see if I got the unhandled promise rejections too. I'm not, but I do see that the social buttons are a bit of a pig, including Google Plus which isn't a thing anymore.

Back
Top Bottom