Freedom Plate Divers Roll Call: show us your rig!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sent an email to DGX with screenshots from the thread, showing the keepers at a right angle, and the 45 degree small webbing version.

To my surprise, I heard back immediately!

"Hello and thank you for the inquiry. Coincidentally we are in the process of sourcing several additional harness component such as this.

Stay tuned,

--

Safe Diving,

Geoffrey"

We'll see what they might come up with. But if you make them, @Eric Sedletzky , I'll buy them from you!

Interesting to see what they come up with ... they used to stock an angled T-type IIRC.

I'd like to see a set of upper slots, maybe at around 22.5o for a semi-H combined with a lower triangle for an integrated split/Y crotch strap, like these ...
https://dive-xtras.com/3-point-crotch-strap/
crotchstrap_off.jpg

Waterjetted and tumbled Ti sheet/plate stock would be nice to keep the travel weight down.

I would tig weld a couple D-rings off the bottom of those waist band brackets and bend them slightly up. The left for the SPG and the right one for my game hook.

I have put various rings on the webbing using the slots as the stopper, or have put another bracket (counterlung rings) stacked together on these with other H-harnesses I have made. I don't have or have access to welding....

For "vacation diving", I have adapted a Zeagle Split Saddle to our plates...

With this rig I used diverite hardware and lower webbing.
View attachment 514743 View attachment 514744

@lexvil - are those T keepers from DiveRite? I can't locate them on their site.

Do you happen to have a part number?

Brian shipped my 18# VDH the other day and I'm looking to head over to DGX as soon as I get to Fort Lauderdale to source the hardware for my harness. I got the 2" Navy webbing from Piranha and want to build an H harness.

@lexvil - are those T keepers from DiveRite? I can't locate them on their site.

Do you happen to have a part number?

Brian shipped my 18# VDH the other day and I'm looking to head over to DGX as soon as I get to Fort Lauderdale to source the hardware for my harness. I got the 2" Navy webbing from Piranha and want to build an H harness.
The dive rite are the angled one on my cold water rig, I took them off of a transpac, I don’t have any idea on the part number but a DR dealer should be able to help, it may be cheaper to buy an old transpac. They angle forward and use smaller straps, the “T” ‘s on the aluminum plate are from piranha, for the price they are hard to beat.

You could wait for Eric to make his...

Here you go.Screenshot_20190415-221826_Chrome.jpg
But it seems like a lot's riding on that one short weld...

Here you go.View attachment 514969
But it seems like a lot's riding on that one short weld...
They do look weak but I have 4 of them and haven’t had one break yet or show anything but a little flash rust on the weld, I’ve used them on several hundred dives. As a precaution I usually leave enough shoulder strap to run under the belt and through a triglide if there were to be a failure, this is how I used to do it before I went to these.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom