Raja Ampat trip on the Gaia liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Saw the boat many times as we moved from Raja to Triton Bay. My understanding is that Jerry and Giehl are the cruise directors. I assume you were happy with them, as they have plenty of experience in the area. I used to 12-14 divers on the boat. How many did you have? I believe the boats hold quite a few. How many divers per guide?

We did a trip on the Dewi. It was a really big boat, but we had 20 divers (including trip leaders). With dive guides, this meant 22 divers in the tenders and dive site at once. It can get a little crowded.

Saw the boat many times as we moved from Raja to Triton Bay. My understanding is that Jerry and Giehl are the cruise directors. I assume you were happy with them, as they have plenty of experience in the area. I used to 12-14 divers on the boat. How many did you have? I believe the boats hold quite a few. How many divers per guide?

We did a trip on the Dewi. It was a really big boat, but we had 20 divers (including trip leaders). With dive guides, this meant 22 divers in the tenders and dive site at once. It can get a little crowded.

Yes, Jerry and Giehl were the cruise directors on our trip. They were very good and extremely organized and efficient. Also on the boat were two of the owners (as divers), Harry and Jackie. Harry tries to dive on the boat several times a year. He looks way too young to be an owner of a liveaboard. There are ten guest cabins on the Gaia, so I assume that they take up to 20 divers. On our trip, there were 17 divers. I agree with you that this many divers (with guides) can make some of the sites a bit crowded. The guides were aware of this, and did a pretty good job of keep us from crowding each other. I think that this is a problem for most of the liveaboards (with some exceptions, such as the Damai boats, which take fewer guests).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom